How to use the dualhead desktop software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use the dualhead desktop software

I just bought a new computer with a G450 in it. On my desk i've got a huge television and a 15" monitor soon to be replaced with a TFT screen. I know the card should rock, but somehow i have the feeling i'm doing something wrong.
    Therefor i'd like to know how you guys use your dualhead multi-desktop.

What software should i install, and how should i install the drivers? What are your favourite applications of the dualhead?

I do like the clone-mode, in which AVI's are played full screen on my television, and DVD on the television looks great, but i can't use it for anything else (yeah, the zoom option, but the resolution of zoomed image stinks). Is there any way i can select a window that is not an avi to run fullscreen on my television (secondary display)?
    When i'm in Dualhead Multi-Display mode (my favourite for now), i can't get the DVD image on the TV no matter what i try.
    Also, Winamp plugins will run on my TV, but i can't get them fullscreen or they'll screw up the television image and then go run on my primary display (the monitor). (The best WinAmp plugins are fullscreen by defenition, and therefore useless to me by defenition.) Same goes for playing DivX movies fullscreen on my television. The only way to do that is by resetting my computer to DVD-Max/Clone mode. There's got to be a better way for that, right?
    Then i get to the eDualHead software. Is there a version of the latest Matrox G450 drivers WITHOUT this crap? Or did anybody actually find a use for this stuff? I can't get it to do anything that seems useful to me, and i almost couldn't turn it off either.
    The multi-desk is yet another one of Matrox' bright insights, but unfortunately i can't use it to devide my programs over 2 displays and then choose which display is primary and which one is secondary. I can imagine one could practise using this feature and getting some comfort out of it, but to me it seems like a lot of work and no fun.

Any suggestions or experiences are welcome.

Moved to Matrox Hardware
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

When i'm in Dualhead Multi-Display mode (my favourite for now), i can't get the DVD image on the TV no matter what i try.

DVDs are subject to be outputted only in DVDMax mode.
      Simple rule: everything that can be outputted in DVDMax mode can not be outputted in clone mode and vice versa.

Same goes for playing DivX movies fullscreen on my television.

To output all DivX-s via DVDMax, You may use DivXG400 filter.

Then i get to the eDualHead software. Is there a version of the latest Matrox G450 drivers WITHOUT this crap?

Unistall the drivers and install them again. During setup choose not to install eDualhead. I don't use eDualhead for example, cause it has no use for me.

Comment

Working...
      X