Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sad day in Matrox land (well my Matrox land)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad day in Matrox land (well my Matrox land)

my G400 32meg, bless her heart, may be toast
    she didn't complain, always performed better then what i expected, and always produced the greatest pictures possible.

we had a good 21 months together, she saw 3 different computers of mine, and another 4 that were not mine. but soon after becoming aquantied with my new athlon (sorry no 1.4gig t-bird benchies, for the benckmarks forum) she wouldn't boot up properly and cause corruptions .

she ran well, she ran great, core could go up to 170mhz and memory to 205mhz (although never at the same time), i bought her a blue orb to keep her cool she she could continue her beautiful work.

im sure this isn;t the last of you, i'll test you on every system i can, to see if you'll work, but this is goodbye

here's looking at you kid

------------------
    Slow people are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.

[This message has been edited by drzaius (edited 27 June 2001).]
    no harm, no foul.

Huh? What's wrong with your card?

And why not get it RMA'ed?

Rags

Comment

im not really sure what's worng with it. it's like i cranked the RAM to 300mhz which would cause everything to either lockup or have the entire screen become ramdom strips of colour.

RMA? im not sure i can, it was retail from a store that i don't think is still open let alone know where it's located (only went there twice with a friend driving)

------------------
      no harm, no foul.

Comment

Can you RMA a 21 month year old card and after overclocking it ?

Comment

and no, i didn't try to get the RAM to do 300mhz

------------------
          no harm, no foul.

Comment

G400's come with a 3 yr warranty.

Either try the bios recovery procedure or get the card RMA'ed. Just hop over to Matrox's forum, post your problem, if they can't resolve the functionality of your card, you will get an RMA. Just make sure not to mention the blorb or overclocking, got your stock heatsink?

Rags

Comment

eep... i could get it back, but it's on my grandma's computers northbridge

------------------
              no harm, no foul.

Comment

Oops I didn't see your reply.

It doesn't sound like, to me, that your video card is defective, you may still want to try the bios recovery procedure anyhow.

Have you posted a thread describing your problems here?

Rags

Comment

1st, try Matrox's recover util, to try to restore the BIOS of the card.
                  Failing BIOS is not uncommon, esp. under o/c conditions.

If that doesn't work, the card is still under warranty, and can be RMA'd directly through Matrox....

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 27 June 2001).]
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

this couldn't have been caused by a bad power supply could it?

and i flashed the bios only 3 days ago (by mistake, but i still did it)

------------------
                    no harm, no foul.

Comment

what did matrox use to glue the heatsink to the chip? epoxy?

------------------
                      no harm, no foul.

Comment

frag tape I believe.

Recover your G400's bios first, then start a thread with your problem, I will try to help you out as much as I can, I am sure some of the other Athlon mofos around here can help you more.

Rags

Comment

Yes, this could be caused by a bad power supply.
                          If the power to the mobo/cards is not stable, it can definatly cause a BIOS failure.
                          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

ok be back soon.
                            and yes this upgrade to an athlon has been the crappiest one yet
                            no harm, no foul.

Comment

ok, on the Matrox now and have flashed the bios.
                              seems to be fine, but usually crashes (makes crazy coloured strips, and then locks up) when i minimize windows, or try to play any kind of 3d thing (CS or 3dmark2000)

------------------
                              no harm, no foul.

Comment

Working...
                              X