Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Matrox kidding ? Take a look to the latest drivers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Matrox kidding ? Take a look to the latest drivers...

Just try to install latest released drivers for Win98 or Win2000, not executing SETUP.EXE but from CONTROL PANEL/NEW HARDWARE and select .inf file from installation folder.

Supported hardware is ticked, and you see just your G200/G400 drivers in various languages...

but now select the other option:

and

so I tried to install this "new" cards instead of my G400
    ...nothing changed !
    Is this a trick by Matrox, after all the rumors about fake cards ( who remembers new Matrox Condor ? ) I think so...

P.S. G800 is still in g400.drv...

[This message has been edited by franklar (edited 27 June 2001).]

4sight and Orion are imaging products that have been around for quite a while.
    Nothing new there.

http://www.matrox.com/imaging/sitemap.htm
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Yeah... and what about the Dual Condor?

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Kruzin:
        4sight and Orion are imaging products that have been around for quite a while.
        Nothing new there.

http://www.matrox.com/imaging/sitemap.htm
        </font>
        thanks I didn't know those products...but Dual Condor ?

Comment

Condor is the G450, and they are DUAL head
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin, you're just making fun of us, right?

I know that Condor is the G450, but "Dual Condor" suggests Dual chips, since Condor has built-in Dual RAMDACs...

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

That's my story, and I'm stickin to it

Comment

the question is: why would matrox put all their r&d into a way to make two condor chips (g450) run on one board, when there are chips out there that a many times faster as a single chip design, i think kruzin is right with the dual head story

Comment

Oh, Kruzin,

ALL G450's are dualheads....so that surely can't be the reasoning

Casey

Comment

Don't believe it, these BBs are all brainwashed by Matrox into furthering their thinly veiled conspiracies

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Topha:
                    the question is: why would matrox put all their r&d into a way to make two condor chips (g450) run on one board, when there are chips out there that a many times faster as a single chip design, i think kruzin is right with the dual head story</font>

Comment

ZOINKS! Foiled again!
                      System 1:
                      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                      Epox 8K7A
                      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                      SBLIVE 5.1
                      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                      3Com Hardware Modem
                      Teac 20/10/40 burner
                      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Hehe

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Ant:
                          Don't believe it, these BBs are all brainwashed by Matrox into furthering their thinly veiled conspiracies

</font>

Ya know - for us, Matrox is not only a graphics card manufacturer, but a way of life, reason for living, a religion even! When we go to sleep, we don't count sheep, we count big 'M's jumping over nvidiots. All that we eat and drink is supplied by Matrox and all probably contain special hallucinogenic (sp?) srugs that contain (not so) subliminal messages.

We are Matrox. We will assimilate you. Resistance is futile. Your crap graphics cards will be burnt for fuel for heating and cooking. You have no escape.

------------------
                          Cheers,
                          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

and my 2 cents on the dual condor
                            since the condor (g450) is a completly integrated chip for 2 moniters, the dual condor is probably a 4 moniter card ala the g200 mms. So it is probably there new improved multi display system.(a big money spinner for matrox)
                            Mind you it would be cool to have a dual chip version that increased rendering speed, but I just don't think the g450/g550 is that kind of chip.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by az:
                              Kruzin, you're just making fun of us, right?

I know that Condor is the G450, but "Dual Condor" suggests Dual chips, since Condor has built-in Dual RAMDACs...

AZ
                              </font>
                              It's quite interesting to have a Dual Condor, 2 condor chips should be able to support up to 4 monitors, it is possible a new card that goiong to be announced to replace the old G200 MMS?

Comment

Working...
                              X