having probs with my G400 and MSI K7T Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having probs with my G400 and MSI K7T Turbo

i just got a athlon 1gig and a MSI K7T turbo, and i've tried to load up CS, but it just locks up. i tried it a number of times, but it still locks up. i also tried 3Dmark2000, but no luck, except the sound kept on playing but the video locked up, whereas in CS the sound just repeated (about 1/2 second)
    is this a G400 prob or a mobo prob?

and how do i update my bios?

------------------
    Slow people are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.
    no harm, no foul.

W2K + SB Live + ACPI?

If so, I haven't seen anyone fix this without reinstalling W2K in APM mode.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I don't have CS but I don't have a problem with the above combination and games. Granted I have an Abit KT7, not a K7T Turbo.
      For the record I am running Via 4-in-1 32 and SBLive WDM drivers build 3219 (available from www.ntcompatible.com ), powerdesk 5.52 for win2k and SP2. I also have the bios detecting the G400 on its own unique IRQ. ACPI is enabled in STR mode and PnP OS is also checked. Win2k detects the machine as an ACPI PC

*edit*
      hehe, my 1000th post what am I now, a maxi-MURCer?

[This message has been edited by DentyCracker (edited 24 June 2001).]
      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

well it seems like it was the power supply
        you'd think a 430watt would do it it's an enermax, and i've read about them not being offically tested by AMD and i see why now

alwell thanks for trying to help
        no harm, no foul.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by drzaius:
          you'd think a 430watt would do it it's an enermax, and i've read about them not being offically tested by AMD and i see why now</font>
          I read something different here:

http://www1.amd.com/athlon/npower/index/1,1712,,00.html

The Enermax EG451P-V is an AMD Athlon Recommended Power Supply up to 1000 MHz. However, that doesn't mean that it's unappropriate for faster Athlons, it just means that it has not been tested by AMD. The much weaker EG301P-VE is e.g. recommended up to 1200 MHz ...

--E<:|

Comment

thread continued at:
            http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/010833.html
            no harm, no foul.

Comment

Have you tried forcing agp x1. However this sounds like the classsic 686b bug. Have you tried a later msi bios.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
              X