RR-S + Mystiq 220 under win2kpro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR-S + Mystiq 220 under win2kpro?

I just got my hands on the final release of windows 2000. I've read a msg were someone describes how to set up win2k with the marvel, does it work in the same way with a rr-s + mystiq 220? I've downloaded the NT 4.0 drivers for mystiq and rr-s do they work without problem?

I think probably not. Matrox said around a year back that they "probably" wouldn't be supporting RR-S under NT4 due to basic design issues (IE the card wasn't designed for NT). Therefore W2K drivers are even more unlikely. With the current potential workload of trying to keep G series customers happy, I can't see RR-S appearing on the priority list.

Comment

How many RR-users are we around the world?
      Would Matrox make some drivers for winNT4 or Win2k if a lot of users send some e-mails asking for them?

Comment

I'm one. I would like to go to Win2K but at this point there seems very little reason to.

paulw

Comment

Where is this message? Could you post it here? I test analog capture devices and would like to test the Marvel or RR on Win2k and if possible send all bugs to my boss who may or may not grill Matrox about these problems (if they become severe enough).
          Marvel G200 8 Meg PCI

Comment

Here's the msg explaning how to get Marvel working with win2k. I tried this (but with a mystiq220 + rr-s) but it dosen't work. VideoTools will not install without the powerdesk installed....

"I was planning on preparing a nice page that could have been linked in as a tutorial on how to get Win2K and the Marvel going together, but unfortunately one of my Seagate's gave out (knew it was coming, my fault for not replacing when it started acting up in the first place). So I won't be able to include screenshots etc.
            So, for those who just can't wait, I'm going to post my experiences thus far, and hopefully get a full tutorial (and maybe a review of Matrox's official drivers *HINT* *HINT*, should they be released by some rare chance in the next few weeks).

------------------

Test system configuration:

ASUS P2B with PII-400 and 128 meg PC100.
            Dual Seagate Medallist Pro 9.1 gig drives (on onboard controller)
            32x IDE CD-ROM
            2x2x6 IDE CD-RW
            Standard 3.5” 1.44 floppy
            Matrox Marvel G200 AGP 8mb
            3com 3C905B-TX PCI NIC
            Creative Labs PCI64 soundcard

Load Windows 2000. After setup is complete, download and extract the 4.07 NT drivers along with Video Tools 1.23b2 for NT 4. Open Control Panel, and select Add/Remove hardware. Choose Add/Troubleshoot Device, and then select “Add a new device” from the list. Click next; specify, “I will select the hardware from a list.” Highlight “Display Adapters” and click next. Then click the “Have disk” button, and browse to the location of the 4.07 NT drivers. Click on the INF file, select Open, and then click OK. Select your appropriate display card (In my case, the AGP Marvel G200), and when asked to install driver without a signature, choose yes. Click finish and restart the system. At this point, Matrox’s 4.07 display driver is installed on your system. If you should experience any problems with this, upon restart press F8, choose safe mode, and change the driver back using similar procedure as above to the Microsoft driver that ships with 2000.

After the system is done booting, install Video Tools 1.23 beta 2 just like you would on 9x or NT. After the restart, you should be good to go. Hard disk benchmark runs fine, as does the Quick Connect applet. However, when closing PC/VCR (and AVI_IO as I’m told) you will get the following blue screen:

*** STOP: 0x000000076 (0x000000000, 0x81212020, 0x000000002, 0x000000000)
            PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES

Beginning dump of physical memory
            Physical memory dump complete. Contact your system administrator or technical support group.

The curious thing is Quick Connect accesses the capture hardware no problem, and can be opened and closed all day with out causing a system crash. I tried capturing under Premiere 5.1c, and it hangs after capture (just the application, not the system; but this has always happened under NT 4 SP5, so I’m not going to say it is the fault of 2000). Possibly a little tweaking may fix the problem, but at this point, I don’t have the resources to work on it. Anyone who wishes to work on this, please feel free to contact me, and I will provide as much assistance as I can.

Other than that, I don’t know what to say. Aside from the blue screens, the system acts just like it did under NT 4.

John Gibson"

Comment

Thanks, tho thats not a good idea to be getting blue screen errors whenever you close out the application.

Hmmm wonder what happens if you use Amcap or AVI_IO?
              Marvel G200 8 Meg PCI

Comment

Working...
              X