G550 Killer App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 Killer App

I've just realised a killer situation for Headcasting. Whilst listening to my MP3 collection of tracks from the 60's and 70's I recalled watching countless episodes of Top of the Pops where the singers couldnt lipsync properly whilst miming to their songs. Now I'm sure there must be a market for millions of these cards for teenage girls so that they can have the faces of their favourite popstars on a pc and at the same time be able to sing their *fav* tracks. Lipsyncing should help make the event as real as possible where the headcast animates in time with the user. Heck we could even have virtual groups of teenagers all giving *head* at the same time.

Waaaaay to go Matrox. Youve cracked it again.

Any one fancy forming a group
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

I guess I'm getting old, cos I like Chuck's idea better ...

That thingy about that virtual group though could be interesting, you should team up with Chuck and give me a lifetime free membership !

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Maggi, didnt see that post.
      For that, the one and only Lifelong honorary membership goes to you
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

You see?

It hasn't even been a day yet, and already clever Matrox users are coming up with unique uses for this new feature set.

Once again, Matrox is ahead of its time, fostering creativity and innovation in the general populace.

You think I'm joking, but I'm not.... I know this HeadCasting thing is: 1) likely to fail and 2) no substitute for a faster, more feature-intensive card, but I kinda think it's a neat idea.

And how much you wanna bet that somebody thinks of a way to make a kiosk where you can do just what mdhome suggests and makes a bundle off it in your local mall?

It's a longshot, true, but it could work....!

-------------------------
        Holly

Comment

All kidding a side, I think headcasting is more for women. Before Holly takes a hissy on me , just listen. There are a bunch of make up sites all over the web. If women would get the 3d head model, then all they do is upload it to these make up sites and try out how the make up would look on them before ordering it from on line. Same can be said about clothes.

Ciao

Comment

Heh. Maybe Matrox should team-up with these guys...

http://www.virtualmakeover.com/

Comment

Full body casting

and this:
              <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Eyetronics has announced another enhancement to their ShapeSnatcher software targeted at game developers. A plugin called Remodeler will capture faces and morph them onto different skeletons. The goal is to make it easier for game developers to add actors and personalities to their games.</font>

[This message has been edited by DuRaNgO (edited 20 June 2001).]
              System 1:
              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
              Epox 8K7A
              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
              SBLIVE 5.1
              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
              3Com Hardware Modem
              Teac 20/10/40 burner
              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

also, ripped from the Lipsinc webpage:
                <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">A completely new gaming experience will soon be possible through the use of interactive digital characters based on real people.
                The result will enable customized, face-to-face, real-time interaction in gaming</font>
                The G550 is just a sample of what is to come and not the real intended usage of Headcasting, eh?

Team games in UT or CS could be very interesting when the "gaming" version of this card hits the street
                System 1:
                AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                Epox 8K7A
                2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                SBLIVE 5.1
                Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                3Com Hardware Modem
                Teac 20/10/40 burner
                Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Working...
                X