Matrox G550 Millennium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G550 Millennium

Here is a linkk from Matrox's offical site! This is real! So now it belongs in the Matrox Harware Forum!

http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_g550/home.cfm

http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/m...0/features.cfm

http://www.matrox.com/mga/archive_st...84&pageref=517

Now! Back to work! :-)
    I think this will be a good card, specialy when I'm finished overcloaking it! :-)

------------------
    - [GDI]Raptor

Nooooooo! I found this first!
    Boo!

http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_g550/home.cfm

Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I just told everyone on IM...then posted to forum! Oh well, I'll get the G800 scoop first

/me off to search matrox.com for G800 links

P.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I guess I must have missed something! Is it April 1st again already? This must be a sick joke! I mean apart from the odd Max Headroom impression, what will this technology achieve. I hope they are not betting the farm on this one. It is a sad day for the Matrox faithful, I thought they were our last hope, but prehaps there is another. ATI is starting to look better evry day.

I was after full hardware DVD decoding (this seems to have been partly addressed) and an improved FPS speed, it did not have to set the world ablaze, 50% improvement would have got my interest. C'mon Matrox talking Heads? My god they have gone completely mad!

[This message has been edited by Pretty Boy (edited 19 June 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Pretty Boy (edited 19 June 2001).]

Comment

Well, c'mon! It's not that bad is it? The G550 chip for the T&L is disabled by software for everything else. Why say this at all unless you plan on something that'll "re-enable" it? Apparently that T&L unit is not bad if you can use it... (I'm speculating here and hence might get dragged off to TCB forum)

Also, ever notice the size of the G550? It looks like you could fit another G550 in there...

Don't quote me on anything...

J1NG

Comment

Come on people, think of the new and unique features this kind of a chip could offer...
            You could... uhm... make a model... of your ... head... dance to mp3s. Hmm.
            Tilable Desktop Backgrounds, perfect for DualHead: http://bg.rifetech.com/

Comment

You could take photos of your pet dog and have it talk!

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

LOL
                Illusion[Spirit]
                www.spiritclan.co.uk

Comment

I guess I gotta dig out some cow pictures .... moooooooooooh

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                  Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                  be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                  4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                  2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                  OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                  4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                  Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                  Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                  LG BH10LS38
                  LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

ROTFLMAO
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

But hasn´t your dog to be on the other end of the videoconferencing with it´s own G550 PC?

Comment

What I want, is the beta testers to tell us (me) what framerates they are getting in compareson with their old G400max cards.

Plz.....
                        All I have read is some vague refrence to a 20% increase over g450. That would but it ON-PAR with G400Max performance. Not A "Head" of it.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Muahahaha I'll take a picture of my friend's dog! Hahaha that'll be hilarious!!

Duke, the beta testers claim they don't get to beta-test boards, only drivers.

Comment

In comparison to my G400, I am gettin ZERO frames faster on the G550...but that probably has something to do with the fact that WE DON'T HAVE THEM YET.
                            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I can't believe there are people still saying to wait for the next card, don't you ever learn? From the sound of it (and going by what Haig said) the G550 won't beat a G400 Max. I'm sorry but that is pitiful.

They say those 400 engineers must have been doing something more than this for the last 2 years. I agree, but it doesn't mean that their work came to anything (look at what happened to the Win2K MJPEG drivers, they couldn't get them to work so they dropped them).

I'm still waiting for a company to release a decent 3D card that has dual-monitor support. This isn't it, and I don't see Matrox ever getting close enough to the bleeding edge of 3D technology to tempt me to buy another card from them. The G800 would be great now, but by next year it'll be out of date before it's even launched.

Why-oh-why did I have to get used to dual-monitors?

And HeadCasting? What does that give us, apart from a few more head jokes? A few years ago it might have caught on, but now? It could be the start of something, but as it stands it's nothing more than a gimmick.

It is an ex-company, it is no more. If we hadn't nailed its feet to the perch it would be pushing up the daisies and singing with the choir eternal.

A little premature perhaps, they'll just concentrate on OEM and business customers. But as far as I'm concerned they're out of consideration.

Slower than an MX? For God's sake, give me a pen and some paper and I'LL draw polygons faster than that! AND colour them in! ;-)

Now when's that Radeon II coming out?

Comment

Working...
                              X