Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, beta-testers, please give us infos...!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, beta-testers, please give us infos...!!!

Hello,
    I know that Matrox had forbidden beta-testers of theirs cards/drivers (especially G400 series) to deliver results but SteveC and the others, could you give us some info about what you get on your screen (i.e. if openGL is now equal or better than the TNT2's one...?)
    Please it would be so cool...!

Yop

That's way too loose a question to answer directly. G400 has always been "better" in many ways. Better visual quality (2d and 3d). Better features(dualhead, EMBM). Faster D3D. Faster hi-res/32bit OGL. The only place TnT2 has ever been "better" is if you only consider OGL frame rates at low res, 16bit color. To me, that's not "better".

What I "get on my screen" is awesome visuals, at more than acceptable frame rates at higher res and color depth than ever before. Don't ask me about "which is 5 fps faster", cause I don't care enough about counting frames to let it interfere with my enjoyment of what the card does....

------------------
    P2-350(@103*4=412), Asus P2B(1009), 128meg PC100, MillG400 32meg(PD5.20.???), CL SB Live!Value, CL PC-DVD, Mitsumi CD-R, WD UDMA 8.4&6.4 gig, (2)USR 56k(multilinked), 3Com 905B-TX, etc...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

shezam!

Comment

All I know is that I can now play games at 1280x1024x32 fluidly whereas I couldn't before. And I can now watch DVDs on my TV while working on my main screen which is cool.

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

Using dodgy beta stuff in not that bad a PC with all sorts of bits n bobs in it helping to find ET calling home...

Comment

Let's just say that, if it is supported, I now run everything at 32-bit.

Joel

2X DiME AGP on a SS7 based system.
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Thank you very much, but you know, I had got a G200, so I know approx how the visual quality is, and you're right it's amazing .
            But the thing I'd like to know is how is the openGL perfomance, especially under heavy cpu charged scene like Quake II Crusher one.

Regards,
            Yop

Sorry for my poor english but my native language is french...!

Comment

Salut, Yop

no problem with your language ...

If you go to www.murc.ws/news.html , you'll find the following results:

Quake II 1024x768 (@32bit) 1600x1200 (@ 32bit)
              TNT2 Ultra 53.4 27.6
              Voodoo 3 3000 57.6 (16bit) 27.5 (16bit)
              G400 MAX 67.5 32.8

I think those guys used the build in demos only, but as you can see, the MAX smokes the competition

------------------
              Cheers,
              Maggi

Not too slow running Asus, Intel & Matrox based system ...
              Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

[This message has been edited by Markus Selchow (edited 06-25-99).]

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2"> the MAX smokes the competition </font>
                Those were the days

hee hee hee - Joel - just what games WERE we playing? I was running at 1280x1024x32 and you say everything's fine at 32bit on a SS7?

Well, I guess Solitair did run well back then...

------------------
                Cheers,
                Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

That lighting bug is still there
                  This is the most anoying bug of them all I think.

Comment

Talking about a time warp. Look at the date on that first post.

Joel

Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

And your still beta testing (joke)

Comment

Bringing up old threads? That just to annoy Ant once he's backed them all up?

p.
                        Meet Jasmine.
                        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Que?
                          Peter Aragon
                          Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

No se.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                            X