X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll

maybe this belongs to the soap box, if so you are free to relocate it

looking at the current poll im surprised, especially after reading the forum for a while. although people got impatient waiting for the next matrox product, the were waiting for it nevertheless, and now most people say they wouldnt buy another one.
    before i voted, i expected the current result to be about 70% yes, 20% undecided, 10% no.

guess i was wrong

I can see this being locked & moved!

Comment

Before it gets moved I'll add my post :-)
      If the fabled G800 had indeed seen the light of day then I would have waited.
      Sure, the best 2D quality is important to me, but so is 3D speed.
      Sure, the G800 might be released one day (under another name of course) but that isn't what the next card is going to be.
      What we are going to see is a card aimed souly at those that require perfect 2D quality and not blistering 3D performance.
      I run games at 1024x768@85hz 32bit colour.
      The specifications on what Matrox are going to release next are not going to be able to do this for me.
      I took advantage of the drop in price of many graphics cards and purchased something different.
      In a year's time I'll take a look at what everybody has released and probably upgrade again.
      G800 or whatever they decide to call it will be looked at along with cards from all the other manufacturers.
      This time around as far as I was concerned Matrox lost.
      At the time of my G400MAX purchase it won, ce le vie.
      It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
      Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

I interpreted the poll as asking "Would you purchase a Matrox card in the future." I like my G400 Max and I would buy another Matrox card if it was the best feature/performance card to fit my then current needs.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

/rant mode on

I had waited quite some time for the next Matrox product, but luckily quit and got me a Radeon. If I really had waited that long and Matrox the whole damn time only released that uncapable-of-flying bird G450, I guess I'd shown up at M's headquarter well equipped with armor and weapons and erased the whole company...

Back to the question: If Matrox releases anything competitive like the G400 was in it's time, I'd be one of the first to buy it (price would be only a secondary priority).
          But I won't buy a G450/G550 kind of thing (looking at the rumoured specs and M's own statements) just because it's carrying the Matrox name and can't do OpenGL correctly except for the specific apps that are namely supported....

/rant mode off

Sorry for the rant, but I'm still not over the fact that Matrox cancelled the promising G800 and had the balls to release a new product that was actually lower-performing than the already way outdated G400 as ONLY replacement
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

I was gonna leave this thread here, mostly because this forum has been so dead lately, and I was bored.

Then I was gonna move it to the Soap Box, because there are going to be rants and raves here.

Then I decided to leave it here, just cause I'm bored

My $.02:
            I will get the next Matrox card (and I would even if I had to pay for it ). My #1 PC use is AutoCAD, and I demand nothing less on my desktop than Matrox display quality. I even took my G450 to the office just for it's visuals and DH joy.

I do like my games (I play them way too much), but they dont pay the bills. IMO my home G400 is just now reaching the end of it's day. It still plays every game I try on it, but a few are getting a bit taxing, and I would like to run them at higher res/detail than I do now.

So, with all things concindered in my case, my vote goes to "yes", because I know M's next card will hold up their tradition of unmatched visuals (especially where I need it), and give me the juice I want to play any game I want.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Kruzin:
              I was gonna leave this thread here, mostly because this forum has been so dead lately, and I was bored..</font>
              Its been so dead that rigor mortis has set in. We need Matrox to help us out here and resurrect this forum. TCB threads were the only thing keeping this forum alive for awhile.

<TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

You should probe your dongle then... that always perks things up!
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Why hasn't anyone talked about the matrox miradar? That was also in our drivers.

Haig

Comment

System 1:
                    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                    Epox 8K7A
                    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                    SBLIVE 5.1
                    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                    3Com Hardware Modem
                    Teac 20/10/40 burner
                    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Every chance I get Mike!

Comment

Haig ... we moved all the speculation threads into it own forum, TCB (The Crystal Ball): That's what killed this forum.

Comment

Hey Haig.

Why do you mention that... what that your submission on the little survey they sent around Matrox...

(pick a cool name to put in the drivers... the best 5 will get put in and it will make a big impression)

I think it would be funny if you could get them to put reference to the GeForce 4 in there... LOL...

Matrox GeForce 4 Max

Wouldn't that piss off Nvidia...
                          AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                          AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                          Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                          Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Nah no survey happened. I just mentioned it becuase you guys are bored and since it was allready in our drivers, no harm done to
                            resurrect it.

Haig

Comment

Say Kruzin! You may regret saying you were bored based on all the subsequent posts. Things are starting to boil.

Comment

Working...
                              X