Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max+G450PCI. Q's!

Hi everyone.

I have a G400Max and would like to add a G450PCI as a secondary card wich I understand is possible. What I want to do is to,(permanently),connect the G400Max to my PAL TV and at the same time use the multi monitor feature in Win98SE. I'd then drive a 17" @ 1024*768*16 form the G400Max and two 15" @ 800*600*16 from The G450PCI.

My questions are:

1:
    Is it possible to use different drivers for the two cards?
    Due to the PAL-TV issue, I'd like to use PD 5.55 for the G400Max, but would ofcourse like to use the latest possible drivers for the G450PCI. PD 5.55 won't work with G450PCI, right?

2:
    Is it ok to have the DVDMax feature of the G400Max enabled all the time even if I don't have the TV turned on (and playing a DVD)?
    Will performance decrease in any way?

3:
    The only game I play is MS FlightSim 2000. Will I see an increase in performance when the additional (undocked) views are handled/displayed by the G450PCI?

4:
    Is it possible to oveclock with MTSTU if I have these two Matrox cards?
    Will they both overclock the same % or can I target the amount of overclock individually?

My system:
    Win98SE
    MSI BX Master with onboard Promise UDMA66 controller
    Intel 850 Cumine
    G400Max (AGPx4-version)
    Guillemot Fortissimo/Yamaha 744 PCI soundcard
    Toshiba SD-M1212 DVD-ROM on Intel UDMA33,ch 1
    IBM GXP75 on Promise UDMA66,ch 1
    4-5 USB-devices

thank you / Bond

[This message has been edited by Bond (edited 08 June 2001).]

Hi,

1 - Yes it is but you'll have a heck of a time configuring 2 different display drivers if you have any problems. However, I believe the 5.55 display drivers had support for the G450 PCI. Have a look inthe install.inf file for the 5.55 drivers, scroll way down till you get to the heading [Strings]. Under here, you'll see a list of all the boards that this driver will install on. If "Matrox Millennium G450 DualHead PCI" is listed, then there's no worry.

2 - Yes you can have it enabled and not have a tv plugged in and perf won't decrease in anyway.

3 - No.

4 - You'll only have access to o/c the G400.

Haig

------------------

Comment

I'm too am thinking about getting 1 of these. They only come in 16MB Flavor and states that Open GL along with the DVD and Bus Mastering will not work with non Intel Chipsets (I use VIA)...I don't need either as I have the V5500 and Radeon AIW but am wondering if my Performance take a hit and will be degraded as well as 2D...any input would be appreciated. I want to replace my G100MMs...TIA

------------------
      Spiritually
      Spiritually

Comment

Working...
      X