Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox 450 and VIP connectors

Hi,

I'm kind of interested in getting a Matrox card to play with since I've heard so many great things about its 2D qualities but any video card I get *must* have a 26-pin VMI/VIP connector so I can continue to use my Creative Labs CT7160 hardware DVD decoder.

I noticed that the Matrox cards seem to have a connector of some sort on their cards. Is this the same thing as a VMI/VIP connector?

Finally, will Matrox ever release a card with built-in motion compensation for smoother software DVD playback? Thanks for any information or help!

The connector on G450 (and all Matrox cards) is NOT a standard feature connector, and will not work with your decoder.
    Also, G450's TV-Out is not as good as G400's. You can get refurbished G400s from Matrox's on-line store.

With as strong enough processor (500mHz or faster), you should not need a separate decoder card. I watch DVDs all the time on my G400 on my TV, and it is quite smooth.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I have a G450 and I successfully use it with a Creative Labs DXR3 (Im not sure about the CT#).
      If it doesn't work the first time, reboot and try again.

Comment

Working...
      X