Matrox In My Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox In My Computer

At work my one friend said they had to get a new video card because the store she took her computer to (For virus problems) said that the virus attacked and killed it.

I told her to lend it to me and I would have a look at it because that sounded like a load of (*cough cough*)

Low and behold I picked it up this morning on my way home and its a Matrox G200 Millenium (SD I believe.. it doesn't have TV-Out or the Memory Expansion Slot or a heatsink and the chip is labeled MGA-G200A-D2 with the code G2/MECOA8B/20D)

Well after the minute it took to rip apart the system to put it in, the two to download and create the rescue disk on the other computer and the 3 or 4 it took to do its magic, its alive and well

I wrote a very nice letter for her to take to the place outlining exactly what I did... Where I found it... and how long it took to do.

So far to me this place she has gone to stinks of unprofessionallism.

But let me tell you... it was nice having a matrox in my system again, and yes... without any bias the G200 has (moderately) better 2D than the GF2 I am currently using. (This on a 14" Moniter at resolutions from 1024*768 - 1600*1200)

Sigh.. makes me wanna go get a matrox card again and just put the GF2 away until I really need the power.

[This message has been edited by cbman (edited 04 June 2001).]
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

How did you get 1600x1200 out of a 14"???

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by az:
      [b]How did you get 1600x1200 out of a 14"???

AZ
      </font>
      He uses two of them.

<TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Sorry for the non-response... working 12 hour night shifts 4 days in a row tends to wear you out.

As for the 1600*1200 its easy... you just slide the bar over to where it says 1600*1200 and then hit apply

If you want I will try to post a full sized screenie... and a picture of the moniter just to prove it (Plus you will see why I don't use it because the edge of the icons are half on/off the screen on the left hand side )

It will take me a bit because the wife is playing on the good computer though .
        AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
        AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
        Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
        Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

That's a perfect way to kill a monitor.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hey_it's_a_14"_monitor_it_deserves_to_die_dammit.
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

And here I am hanging on to an old Packard Bell 14"! WooHoo LOL
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

14" monitors are great.
                FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin, you dog!
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I thought your G450 at work was connected to a For me to poop on!

Comment

Hey Kruzin,

Is that a screen capture from you? How much does your company get paid to survey the area Jordan's "woman" takes up?

Casey

Comment

I've been asking you on and off for almost a year for the pics you took from your trip to Denver for last year's Murc Mountain States LAN party, and that's the best you can do?

BTW...that was a REAL project I was working on in the office when Mike came to town last year

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 06 June 2001).]
                        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Watch it CJ ... you're crossing the line again. Read the forum survival guide.

Comment

Shouldn't you be using dualhead for that design or is that an aerial look of it?

Ciao

Comment

Naw I have the negatives! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X