Marvel G400 and Asus CUSL2....help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 and Asus CUSL2....help!

I have bought a second hand Marvel G400 and plug it in my Asus CUSL2. Upon restarts Windows Me the card is detected as Standard VGA Adaptor. Then I tried to install Powerdesk and it can't detect the Marvel G400... Is there anyway to solve this?

Had u tried to update driver in device manager in control panel, then force it to install the inf file in the directory of the driver?

Comment

Try updating the Marvel G400's BIOS and then force install the driver as mentioned by George above and just as well get the latest BIOS and driver for your M/B.

------------------
      Always twiddling until something go haywire in my rig :^)
      AMD Duron 650Mhz on ASUS A7V w/ 128MB Ram G400 DH 32MB(still going strong)SBLiveValue!&AltecLansing 45
      "It does not matter how many times you fall down as long as you get up and go on."
      Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
      ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I have tried and it works, thx. However, I can only install the driver. When I try to install Video Tools, it said I haven't installed PowerDesk and didn't allow me to continue, is there a solution?

Comment

Well, I think I had experienced the similar problem before with my G450 on Epox 8KTA+. I even cound not force it to use matrox's driver, I then remove the video card from mobo, use a brush to remove the dusts accumulated in the AGP slot and used pur ethanol to run the contact pins on the card, and the problem was solved. Sometimes such problems may be caused by contact problems at AGP slot. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X