Can Dual Head cables be bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Dual Head cables be bought?

I just inherited my roommates old G400MAX and the idiot lost the dualhead cable, can these things be bought from Matrox or am I S.O.L.?
    PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

I'm sure they can send you one, best thing to do is to call and be persistent. If one person says no, try another.

It certainly is possible to make your own, too.

[This message has been edited by PurpleHaze (edited 02 June 2000).]
    Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
    Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
    1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
    200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
    Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
    768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

If you want to make one yourself see this topic http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/008177.html

and this link (taken from that topic)
      http://www.rendo.dekooi.nl/~verbij/g400.htm

(nice thing this search function )

[This message has been edited by 2K (edited 02 June 2000).]

Comment

If Matrox won't give you one, I have an extra one I can send you....

Dimitri
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Dmitri,
          If you could that would be really cool. If you want some cash for it let me know, since we're both in LA it wouldn't be difficult.
          PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

Comment

I'd take Dimitri up on the offer because I had to buy one from Matrox (the cable didn't come with my OEM G400 DH). I just ordered it today -- $10 -- from customerservice@matrox.com (but they can take a day or two before they respond). We'll see how long they take to ship the cable.

Jamey

Comment

http://www.matrox.com/mga/tech_supp/faq/pinout.htm#3

Ciao

Comment

And remember, it's not a cable. It's called a "dongle."

Don't be embarassed. Say it with pride (over and over):

dongle
                dongle
                dongle
                dongle
                dongle
                dongle
                dongle

Gawd, I feel better. Liberated, actually.

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Ding Dongle.

Comment

It's actually more of an adapter than a dongle.

Many dongles provide pass-through support, but that is not the primary -- or even a required -- feature. Dongles are supposed to have an intrinsic purpose/feature (most commonly copy protection).

The DualHead thingy has no intrinsic function other than the pass-through connectors, so the term "adapter" is more apt than "dongle".

Although "thingy" would work as well.

Comment

We refer to it as a break out cable.

Haig

Comment

Break-out dongle

Comment

Not in here, mister. That could get you arrested.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

And to think it was all started by an innocent request for a Dualhead cable. What kind of madness is this????????????
                            PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

I got my dongle in the mail yesterday. [How often do you get to say that?]

I ordered it a week ago from Matrox (see my earlier post in this thread). I just thought I'd let you know about the quick turnaround time from Matrox customer service.

And also, of course, to say I had a dongle delivery.

Jamey

Comment

Working...
                              X