Under the HSF of G400 Max...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under the HSF of G400 Max...

It is unbelievable! the thermal conducting material of G400 Max is 2 layers of thin thermal pads with an alumimun sheet at the middle, only 2 sides of the thermal pad had direct contact witht he hot chip...After I removed it and applied some thermal compound I found temperature of the HSF is much higher than before. What does matrox think,Is it wants all G400 Max owners to have the chip overheats and burnt so that the users would buy its new products?

They shouldn't be like that. Sounds like you got a defective model (maybe stuck two pads on at once, meaning the protective film got left in between the sandwich).

Rags

PS, my Max was fine.

Comment

Well, the card was bought from my cousin for 50 bucks. He's really so lucky to have bought such a card... And I think the case shouldn't be occur only on this card but at least for a whole batch, is it right?

[This message has been edited by George YS (edited 21 May 2001).]

Comment

Hmm, when I removed the HS from my G400 MAX, I didn't see that either. Just saw a thermal pad.

Comment

I saw the same thing on my G400, two driedup patches of thermal goo, with a alu sheet in between.

Still I'm not complaining as my G400 core does 190 without a fan
          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I found the same thing on my G400 MAX when I went to replace the pad with real heatsink grease.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by CHHAS:
              I saw the same thing on my G400, two driedup patches of thermal goo, with a alu sheet in between.

Still I'm not complaining as my G400 core does 190 without a fan
              </font>
              How can u did that, CHHAS? Mine was only able to go up to 162MHz core without affecting the quality of output. Are u overclock it using Pins file or some softwares?

Comment

Working...
              X