G400 Dualhead and W2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Dualhead and W2K

Hey, I haven't been checking up much on this so I don't know if Matrox or Microsoft has fixed it.

Have they made it possible to set two seperate independent resolutions with the G400 Dualhead under Windows 2000 yet?

Thanks

-Adam / unixpeon

Nope.
    The new "TwinView" nVidia cards also suffer this microsloth limitation...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

yuppers, and according to Microshaft they aren't even looking to fix it either. They have, however, announced that Whistler should support different resolutions with a DH setup.

Comment

I bet if the video card companies paid MS enough, they'd fix it.

Comment

What about that microsoft-nvidia alliance?
          Also, whistler should support it, since it's almost going to be next consumer OS from ms ...
          Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

As far as I know, the newest Matrox drivers now support this. I tried it, and it seemed to work fine!

Comment

Uhhh...what's the point in drudging this thread up? To tell us something that we have known about for some time?

Rags

Comment

It's possible in Win2k ONLY with Matrox cards and newer drivers. Whistler WILL enable win9x style multi-monitors, but ONLY in the professionaly version, the home version will not support it at all, if I understand c't right.

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Oh, haven't noticed the date of the original thread. Ran, please notice this is an old thread and the issue is adressed

Matrox is the only manufacturer who has sold the single chip dual head problem under Win2k.

I think this thread can now be left alone to rest in peace

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                  X