G450 compatability w/ A7V133?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 compatability w/ A7V133?

I put the G450 on my Asus133 board and shortly had post beeps driving me nuts. I changed memory but it didn't work. When I changed cards it solved the problem. Are there any known issues with the A7V133 board or did I just have bad luck getting a bad card?
    pccdave

Are you sure that the G450 was seated good in the AGP slot? I have an A7V and the G450 works fine on it.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Maybe the G400's BIOS got deleted somehow and you have to reflash it? Better ask the experts here before you believe me, I'm just talking out of my memory of other forum posts here (or so I think )

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

pccdave.... I recently bought a Asus A7V133, and it gave me a bunch of trouble with my G400!

Never did get them solved

But try the support forums on the matrox website... they may be able to help you out... that is if nobody here has an answer??
        If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

I've got an A7V133 and a G400DH 32MB, and they just work fine, no probs at all. I use the latest drivers and BIOS for the Mobo and the G400.
          Cartman
          main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

I have 2 a7v133 WITH g400 16mB SH at work and they work perfectly. You seem to have a G450 though, so there might be a difference.

You havent taken that little yellow thing out of the AGP slot by any chance have you?

Make sure it is seated properly.

Did it every work properly? Is your Power supply up to it?

If you are gettting a blank screen, try a BIOS recovery.

Also, try removing all your other cards (sound, NIC, SCSI, etc) and see if it starts working.

Dont give up to easily, you will feel realy good about yourself when you sort the problem out, and you might even learn something about computers.

Ali

Comment

Finally i knew there was a problem with the a7v133 with the g450.

I have been trolling through the matrox forum for almost all their posts and through here.

a few have piped up with g400 saying they had no problems but there have a few posts with people getting frustrated and returning the card the g450.

I'm not sure what to think...

I had a normal AGP card in ..swapped it out and put the g450 in ..worked fine ..then a total system crash ..

A cold reboot would not revive the sytem.

Go for a 10 minute walk ..and everything works again ...then the cyle repeats.

This is before i even get to win2k so i can discount driver problems and theres not alot of things in the bios that would cause a card to completely null the system.

actually as i type this ...i am thinking if i should remove all the cards and insert each one invidually in again ..

Comment

The problem your describing sounds more like a heat issue.
                If the system works fine and after 10 minutes crashes...
                Is the video card on it's own IRQ(9 or higher)
                Have you installed the Via drivers?
                What temp readings are showing for your cpu?

Comment

Well well well..the plot thickens eh?

I thought it was a heat issue too at the start. But nothing is overclocked so i discarded that. The G450 has a heatsink so could throw that as a cause of heat.

I now have the g450 and a few other cards on my desk ..a tnt2, tnt2 m64 ..a geforce 2 mx.

My original system had the tnt2 m64 before the g450 purchase.

Now having played around ..i got the ALMOST same symtoms with the geforce2 mx. Although at post I now get the beeps.

With the g450 i hardly ever got the beeps.

Now I seem to get the beeps with the m64 as well.

Occassionally the cards (whichever) i have in after a reseat will work ..UNTIL i decide to plug i nthe other PCI cards.

My theory NOW is that there is a reseating problem ..which perhaps other people might be having. Whether it is case specific ..or certain spacers / risers in the wrong spot, who knows..

So I am almost resigned to removing my mohterboard ..putting it on cardboard. Putting in my cards and seeing the stability of it.

I dont know how it is a seating issue since i almost certain everything clicks in ..but gotta give it a try.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by almghty:
                    Occassionally the cards (whichever) i have in after a reseat will work ..UNTIL i decide to plug i nthe other PCI cards.
                    I dont know how it is a seating issue since i almost certain everything clicks in ..but gotta give it a try.

</font>
                    Well - when you put in the PCI cards, it sounds like your mainboard is bending slightly, and so you're pulling the AGP slot away from the graphics card. I'd check to see if your mainbaord's mounted properly, and also check that the metal sheet the mainboard's fixed to isn't warped at all.

------------------
                    Cheers,
                    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Working...
                    X