Unable to load monitor .inf file in Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to load monitor .inf file in Win2k

On Jorden's advice, I installed a monitor .inf file in Windows 98 to see if it goes some way to correcting the blurriness I'm getting on my 19" CTX. I wasn't able to tell if it helped much - win98 didn't seem to be as blurry as win2k does - so I thought I'd do the same on win2k.

Problem is that when I go to the Monitor tab on the Advanced settings of the display, the Properties button (used to change the monitor type) is not enabled. I've tried with dualhead multidisplay on and off but with no luck.

I'm also using a Velta 17" monitor as secondary display, and it gets detected as a Delta-DC770 or something, but I can't change the monitor type on that, either.

I just upgraded to win2k 5.52 G400 drivers (I had gone back to a slightly older version after problems playing back video files) but everything else seems to be working fine.

Also, sometimes it says "Plug N Play monitor on G400 DualHead blah blah", but other times it just says " on G400 blah blah" - ie, it doesn't display a monitor type at all.

Starting to get a little tired of the problems I'm having this week.
    <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Win2k is a bit different from win98, to install the inf for your monitor, just go to device manager, monitor, and click on update driver, point it to where you have the inf.
    You won't even have to reboot.

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 21 May 2001).]

Comment

Awesome. It worked. Ta.
      <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

Working...
      X