Matrox Marvel G400TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Marvel G400TV

I've just been reading the latest issue of UK magazine Computer Video. They have news of the forthcoming Marvel G400TV. They claim to know quite a bit about it too.

It is expected to cost less than £250rrp

It will come with Avid Cinema

It will have 16MB RAM / 300MHz DAC

NO dual head The secondary port will be as the Marvel G200 - a connection for the break-out-box

Likely to include software AVI (MJPEG) -> MPEG-2 encoder for use with the Divicore DVD player.

-------------------
    aka Chris H

Oooops didn't notice that there was a Matrox advert for the Marvel G400-TV on the back cover!!

Anyway the specs I listed above ARE correct.

------------------
    aka Chris H

Comment

They aren't quite correct, well they are probably correct as you read them in the magazine but not quite really correct if you see what I mean

Comment

No, I don't really see what you mean.

Would you care to elaborate?

Comment

I've had another look at the Matrox advert, and it is basically as i've listed it above, with the exception of the MPEG encoder.

I'm a bit diasapointed by it really, as I hoped it would have dual head (for multi monitor), as thats the reason I upgraded from my Marvel G200 to a G400. I'm not willing to get a RR-G, as the driver situation is crap (beta for Win98, sod-all for NT4)

------------------
          aka Chris H

Comment

If it's a Marvel G400TV does that mean the UK is getting a TV tuner at last?

Also, if its not dual head does that mean the monitor will still switch to 50Hz when TV-Out is enabled?

Comment

Yes the UK version DOES have a TV tuner.

I wasn't very clear in what I said.
              The card officially does have 'dual-head' for TV out as per the Millennium G400, but it does not support multi-monitor.

------------------
              aka Chris H

Comment

There will be two versions of the Marvel G400-TV a NTSC and PAL version, no more of that having to pay extra for the TV tuner outside of North America The card does support DualHead but only to TV, no RGB there is no room on the card for a secondary RGB connector.

Comment

do what i did and buy a g400max and an RR G - series

i got dual head

in and out video

Comment

Working...
                  X