Another moment of silence..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another moment of silence..

Well, I joined the ranks. I told myself I wouldn't, that I didn't dare.. But I did. I am now the not-too-proud owner of a Geforce2 GTS 32 Meg DDR card (specifically, the vanilla ASUS V7700).

Why am I not proud? Well, this was the second-most expensive card I've bought since I dropped $400CDN for a Monster 3D 'back in the day.' Why is it that my nearly 2 year old card that cost less did more for me?

Well, I suppose breakneck speed gaming is the exception.. Tho now I'm stuck using my brother's machine with his MAX for my DVD viewing pleasure. A pox on Dynamix and Tribes 2.

Sorry for the rant, I just don't understand the graphics market anymore. The games require only the fastest hardware but the fastest hardware isn't the best, most feature-full hardware. Was it the 3dfx/nVidia fillrate/polyrate war, much like the Intel/AMD MHz war? Have affordability and features been thrown out the window in favor of the biggest.. er.. number?

Well, I'm building a new system and since the G400 Max is in my fathers system, I have no choice but to buy a temporary card until the G550 is officially out. I made up my mind to get a Hercules Prophet Geforce2 MX card. Hopefully it wont be in my system for too long, but I dont have the time to wait for the G550 to come out, and since it is only 100 bucks....I can live with it for a couple months. On the bright side, I recieved a 256 Meg stick of Ram from www.crucial.com today. 256 megs PC2100 registered, ECC One 1.33 Ghz Athlon system on an ASUS A7M266 motherboard coming right up

George

Comment

Why the hell is this posted in the Matrox Hardware forum?
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I agree this should probably not be in here.

But I'm checking out the Kyro2. I'll let you know how it works out. I'll try to get my dirty hands on Tribes and let you know.

The Hercules Prophet 4500 64MB is only $149. I'll have mine today.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

I have the Deluxe version of the Asus 7700 myself. It is quite good even at the higher resolutions. The TV or should I say composite/SVideo part kind of annoyed me. The tuner is extra!! At least my Marvel G400 was intuitive and the tuner included. Must have G500/G800/ whatver it will be!

Comment

Working...
          X