Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some problems with G400 and Samsung Syncmaster

Hi everybody,

I have Samsung Syncmaster 900NF attached to my G400 DH (16 MB) running on Win2K.
    When I set desktop resolution to 1280x960, there appears a horizontal bar slowly moving upwards. It is barely visible, maybe 5mm thick and just a little bit darker than the rest of the picture. It looks a bit like when you see a computer monitor filmed with a TV camera. Refresh rate is set to 85Hz.
    It really only appears at 1280x960, and I have no idea how to get rid of it.

Another thing is, I can't select any refresh rate beyond 85Hz, no matter what resolution, no matter if DualHead is on or off. But the Samsung has V-Freq of max. 160Hz and H-Freq of max. 110kHz. Shouldn't I get something better here? How can I achieve that?

It'd be nice if someone has a hint or two.
    Thx.

Try downloading the newest monitor .inf files for your monitor. Don't know if this helps with your first problem, but it certainly should with your second one (if samsung makes good .inf files for their monitors, some manufacturers just cap off at 85 Hz, thinking it is enough, regardless of what the hardware is capable of).

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I'm using a desktop resolution of 1280 x 1024 @ 101Hz on a Samsung 900NF with a 32MB Matrox G400DH with no problems like the one you said. However, I haven't tried it yet with 1280 x 960 but will do it later when I get home. I used the Matrox PowerDesk utility to "force" the refresh rate to 101Hz which I know that my monitor can handle according to its specs. Btw, the latest Samsung monitor drivers can be found here,

http://samsungelectronics.com/monito.../download.html

Comment

I installed the current .inf file now, but in the regular monitor settings it's still limited to 85Hz. Using Powerdesk, however, it was no problem to push it up to 101Hz.

And that seemed to banish that moving bar as well

Could have thought about that earlier...

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
        X