No announcement yet.

g450 causes unstable net connection at any color depth other than 256 colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g450 causes unstable net connection at any color depth other than 256 colors

V
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

and what is "V" supposed to mean?
    Joe

Comment

The time on the forums got messed up, and if he didn't bump this post up, it would still be on the wrong date.

Rags

Comment

Actually I was posting it down ... V ... otherwise the future posted threads would stay at the top for several days.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I've never had much luck with PCI modems under NT or W2k. The best solution is either an external modem, or an internal ISA modem.

Paul

Comment

have started to arrive at that conclusion as card and modem are now using same irq [11]. is high on list to try.
            Joe

Comment

Joseph,

Move your modem card out of the slot next to your G400. If possible, try and leave this slot free.

Paul

Comment

Or, if you have a 694X-based board, don't put the modem in the second slot away from the video card (new bios revisions do this on 694X boards!).

- Gurm

------------------
                Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

case is now closed. after clean install of w2k changed to an isa modem. all now works fine. not very fast as through put is 8 to 10k less but still, all works. will just have to use me to d/l anything substantial.
                  Joe

Comment

g450 causes unstable net connection at any color depth other than 256 colors

after much to do finally have a g450 sorta working. subject header says all. g450 when driving w2k pro causes unstable net connection at any color depth other than 256 colors.

problem is if i want a stable net connection color depth can only be set at 256 colors. resolution can be set anywhere. if color depth is set anywhere but 256 colors the connection gets dropped like a stone. is true at whatever resolution. all across net zero, juno & at&t. occurs with att even when using dun instead of att dialer. only 256 colors yields a stable net connection. i've seen reports of this problem somewhere before but can not remember where when what.

kicker to this problem is that with g450 driving me are no such problems. web connections are rock solid at whatever color depth and resolution. g450 drives sys uncontested. unfortunately me is not os of choice.

anybody have any ideas at all?

sys is:

soyo 5ema+ mb
                    256mb memory
                    k-6 III+ 450mz cpu oc to 600mz [mb does not even hiccup]
                    8.4 gig western digital hd
                    digital research 36x cd-rom
                    aopen 12x 10x 32x cdrw
                    aopen fm56-sm soft pci modem on com3 under me, com6 under w2k pro.
                    5emp1da1 mb bios
                    v1.6.029 matrox bios
                    mb bios is enabled for agp 2x.
                    me & win 2000 dual booted.
                    w2k pro sp1
                    directx 8.1a
                    via 4in1 drivers v4.29
                    VIA AGP Chipset Driver Update
                    Joe

Comment

Working...
                    X