Enabling DVDMax in Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enabling DVDMax in Windows XP

I have just installed Beta 2 of XP at home and installed the 5.52 drivers.

When I try and enable DVDMax I get an error with the Run As service. I have sent the error log to Microsoft, but I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if they knw the registry keys I need to set to enable DVD Max.

My Machine Spec are
    Celeron II 566 running at 850
    Matrox G400
    Soundblaster Live 5.1 with liveware 3
    384 MB RAM
    ASUS CUCL2 1.06 BIOS
    Windows XP Beta 2

Microsoft will probably tell you its Matrox's problem. Matrox will probably tell you XP isn't supported yet. You're best bet is to post in the Matrox Technical Support Forums.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Hi there,
      I've got DVD-max up and running in WinXP Professional beta 2. Just installed the win2k drivers and it worked perfectly.

Greets,
      Jorg

------------------
      _ _ ______________ _ _
      I am the Jorg, resistance is futile.
      © StarTrek: First Contact
      _ _ ______________ _ _
      I am the Jorg, resistance is futile.
      © StarTrek: First Contact

Comment

Did you place your Windows Pro Machine into a workgroup or a domain?

Just cluching at straws.

Comment

Another question. In Device Manager do you have 1 or 2 Display Adapters listed?

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by MatthewW:
            Another question. In Device Manager do you have 1 or 2 Display Adapters listed?

</font>
            I show "Matrox G400/G450 DualHead" and "Matrox Millennium G400 DualHead - English" while running a G400 Max under W2K AS. I haven't had a chance to try the second head under W2K yet (just installed).
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
            X