Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed for G400 DVD on TV in win2k

V
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

You don't give system specs for your machine, so I'm not too sure where to start. I've used the 5.34 to 5.52 drivers on my 2000 pro install, outputting DVD Max to a separate monitor with no problems. I use PowerDVD 3, though, not WinDVD. I would get hiccoughs on my old K6-2 450 (OC'd to 500), but not on my TBird 900.

Out of curiosity, is DMA enabled for your DVD drive? You can check this by running DEVMGMT.MSC and checking your IDE channel settings. (IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers | Secondary IDE Channel for me)

Comment

If you can, rip the title onto your hard drive and strip away macrovision and then play it back off your hard drive. I know it's not a fix but it's something.

------------------
      SwAmPy
      SwAmPy

Comment

I considered ripping the movie just so I could watch it, but decided to mess around with my settings just one more time to be sure.

Lo and behold, DMA was not turned on on my second IDE controller. DUH! And I could've sworn I turned it on just last week...

Secondly I installed 5.33 drivers, set my TV to NTSC instead of PAL and INcreased the res to 1024x768x16. I set all the quality settings to max, and movies run as smooth as butter.

Here are my specs JFYI: Celeron 366@550, 192MB, Win2K Pro, Pioneer Slot-in 105S, G400 DH 16MB.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Comment

Advice needed for G400 DVD on TV in win2k

Hello folks,

I have a G400 hooked up to a PAL TV, I use the computer only on my TV, and am using the Dual Head feature (DH clone) with WinDVD in windows 2000. I've tried different driver versions.

I switched to Win2k mainly because of stability issues in Win98, however DVD performance is horrible. I've installed DVDGenie which gives me the option to select lower quality for better performance, but the image quality is almost as bad as VHS. On High quality settings the image stutters. Using the DVDMax feature gives even worse results.

Can you please advise me on which set of drivers (5.52?) to use to get smooth DVD on my TV? Should I use other software or change any specific settings?
          FYI I never use D3D or OpenGL so I don't mind if these do not work properly.

Comment

Working...
          X