Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400MAX *can* do different refresh rates on each port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400MAX *can* do different refresh rates on each port?

I was always under the impression that the G400 series card couldn't do different refresh rates on each head, but it would appear that right now i am doing 1280x1024 @ 60hz on my first monitor and 1024x768@70hz on my second in win2k w/ the 5.52 drivers.

can anyone else tell me if i am smoking crack, if this is new or what...
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

You are not smoking crack now, but you may have been for the last two months

Matrox's programmers found a way around the win2k limitation and now you have true dual head just like win98, but better IMO (since you can also do stretched if you want).

Just so you know, the G4xx series dualhead cards have always had the ability to do independent displays, but win2k had a limitation that wouldn't allow it. Matrox was not alone, and all the other single chip dual output cards can only do the same resolution on each output under win2k (still).

Rags

Comment

its not the independant resolutions, i knew about all of that a while ago... it's the independant refresh rates... i was under the impression that it was a hardware limitation on the G400 series that you could not have independant refresh rates...

i know the G450's were immune to this and thats what one of the major selling points of it was...
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Nope, independent refresh rates have always been possible.

Rags

Comment

That's just what made Matrox DualHead so great

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Win2k over here too and my G400 sports 1280x960 @ 100Hz on VGA1 and 1280x1024 @ 75Hz on VGA2 ...
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

nifty. so i was smoking crack....

Comment

I have a g450 and in win2K I can have differenct resolutions and refresh rates for each monitor.

Primary on g450 1600x1200 @ 85
                Secondary on G450 800x600 @ 72
                If it doesn't work the first time, reboot and try again.

Comment

Pitty this isn't the case when using TV-out!! The restriction to 1024*768 is a bit crappy on a 19" Monitor!
                  Ath SOC1 1.2gz,G200(dam), Asus a7V133, sonic fury, Maxtor+ 40 30GB, 384Mb(133), win2ksp2 <-&->Vaio Z600 P3 700, 192mb, Ati rage, 15gb

Comment

Working...
                  X