Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Cusl2+NT4+G400+AGPx1

well, well, well...

last week i need to buy a new motherboard for my computer a Cusl2. I use W98 and NT4 each have is own hard drive, i switch from one to another by changing the boot disk in the bios setup. I'm working so since 12 months. ok now :

W98 : AGPx2 sideband yes
    NT4 : AGPx1 sideband no

I use an old hard drive to test many fresh intallation of NT4 on my computer nothing happen. always AGPx1 no sideband adressing.

i use the same NT4 and software than before with my P3B-F.

My first question is. Is someone using NT4 with a G400 and a cusl2-C, and if yes do yoiu have AGPx2.

Its really smell like a driver bug , and yes i have try , 4.45, 4.54, 4, 74 and 4.77 version, etc .....

I recall on the same computer under W98 all it's fine

Strange isn't it ? any idea ?

Hey Barbarella

An easy way to change the boot device (With your CUSL2-C) should be to hit escape when its checking the memory when your computer starts up. It should then pop up a blue box with all the different devices you can boot with (Set in the Bios) Including all physical hard drives... It has worked for me with a 98SE, WinME, dual drive, dual boot config when I was testing out ME...

Just a thought...

It may be different with the CUSL2-C than my CUSL2 but I doubt it.

Charles

------------------
    Canadian... Hell Ya!!!
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

I don't think it's a driver bug. I'm not an NT expert, but I'm pretty sure that NT4 just doesn't support AGP transfers at all. If I remember, it took a while before AGP cards could even be used.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Wombat,

sorry, with my p3b-F NT4 run at Agpx2 with sibeband. i recall the only thing that has change is the motherboard.

Comment

nobody have a Cusl2 with NT4 ? doesn't the matter if it is nit a matrox. I just want to know at first if the AGPx2/x4 works.

Comment

Sorry, but NT doesn't support AGP transfers at all.

Rags

Comment

what !

So can u explain me why AGPx2 and sideband adressing wasenable with my P3B-F under NT4 !

Comment

Maybe you were mistaken, because AGP transfers aren't supported in NT.

I have a P3B under NT 4 and no, it doesn't have 2X or sidebanding.

Rags

Comment

Rags,

where did you get that idea ! I just try an old I740 intel. Powerstrip report AGPx2 capabilty and enable !!! oh and don't forget sideband adressing enable.

So please read your book again. No offense but you have to learn more, before answering

Comment

Rags a link for you

http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q174/5/67.ASP

Now the question is Does NT4 support AGP Version 2 ? (BX chipset use AGP Version 1), if yes does Matrox NT4 drivers support AGP Version 2 ?

I will receive in test a nvidia card from a friend for the week-end. We will see.

Comment

Barbarella,
                      You'd better tread lightly. Oh, and read your own link, it says absolutely nothing pertinent to this conversation. You found the information I referred to earlier, how AGP cards didn't work at all in NT4. Your article says that NT4 is now basically compatible with an AGP card. Nowhere does it say that AGP transfers are enabled (because they aren't). I guess powerstrip is just wrong, or the flags that it checks are set, but ignored by NT4. Maybe Matrox was just smart enough to not try to do something that can't be done.
                      Go ahead, try to run a benchmark to test your AGP support.

No offense, but eat crow.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Barbarella a link for you

http://www.lan-plus.com/motherboards/bulletins/bt22.cfm

Now the question is why do you ask for help, if you won't accept the answers?

You will receive in test a nvidia card from a friend for the week-end. We will see.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Barbarella:
                          Rags,

where did you get that idea ! I just try an old I740 intel. Powerstrip report AGPx2 capabilty and enable !!! oh and don't forget sideband adressing enable.

So please read your book again. No offense but you have to learn more, before answering
                          </font>
                          Barby, I take computers very seriously, they aren't just a hobby to me, so don't you be telling me where I need or need not read. NT4 cannot do AGP transfers. You need to read up.

Rags

Comment

ok

the post is close for me. we are going nowhere. I can't remember exactly if AGPx2 mechanisme are effectif enable with a G400 under NT4 (i mean when i have had a BX chipset). I don't take a screenshot of all, do you !

So i will try to find help elsewhere, to understand what happened (in details) and what happended today. There is a difference on how NT4 handle AGP with a i815 and a BX. What it is, i don't know.

bye

Comment

Working...
                            X