G400-TV Microvision Hack !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400-TV Microvision Hack !!!

HI. I was trying to capture somthing off vhs tape to pc when i got a message that my card detected a microvision protection. I tryed many ways to get by it and nothing seamed to work. I tryed the microvision hack that edits 2 files but it didnt work. It said i had a wrong file version. I am running windows 2000 pro. But i did try it on win98se. The patch worked on win98se but when i went to capture it still gave me that same message " micovision was detected" i would hit OK, and it would continue and seam like it was captureing. Only after when i played the video, it was blank. ANyone know how i can capture this vhs tape to pc in win2k pro b/c i am very fustrated by this. Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks You.

Welcome to MURC
    Couple of notes...
    (1)The Desktop Video forum is where all of the capture pros hang out. You'd be better asking this over there. Try searching that forum for "macrovision"
    (2)If there was a hack to get around macrovision, you won't likely find it posted here. Companies are very serious about macrovision, and the last time someone publicly posted a hack for it here, Matrox was forced to quickly fix that loophole. We don't want to go through that again...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

oh. okay sorry. i did find the microvision hack program at matroxusers.com once. but that was log time ago but it never worked hehe.

Comment

That old hack was posted here for ages, then some idiot thought he would spread the good news, and posted it on the Matrox forums.

Then Matrox HAD to fix it. They could ignore it if it was here, and say they didnt know about it, but once it was on their own forums they were required to fix it.

I think there is some licensing issue about it. Something like you arnt allowed to sell/give away DVD decoders without working macrovision protection.

Ali

Comment

If you have a TV with Audio Video (composite) out use this, because Macrovision is only intended to work VCR.

PS if not the RGB HV from the TV can be converted back into composite with e.g. the MC1357 (e.g. used in all PC Amiga, Atari...) or newer RGB encoder.

Even today Hardware can rule the world, and not only soft ....

[This message has been edited by snn47 (edited 09 May 2001).]

[This message has been edited by snn47 (edited 09 May 2001).]

Comment

Working...
          X