Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the G450 PCI work with my ASUS P3v4x mobo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the G450 PCI work with my ASUS P3v4x mobo?

I bought the Marvel G450 eTV a couple of weeks ago and now was ready to buy the G450 PCI until I saw the following message on the Q&A at the Matrox site:

Does the G450 PCI support bus-mastering for non-Intel chipsets? (top)

For non-Intel chipsets, the G450 PCI does not support bus-mastering. While this lowers performance on synthetic benchmarks, it does not hinder the everyday usability of the card. Additionally, for the combination of G450 PCI and non-Intel chipsets, Open-GL acceleration and DVDMax are not supported.

Matrox has identified certain instabilities when bus-mastering is activated on the combination of non-Intel chipset and the PCI version of the Millennium G450 series (model number G45+MDHP16DB).

My mobo has the VIA chipsets instead of Intel's. Since bus-mastering will not work, will I be able to use the dualhead feature on this card? Will Win98SE allow me to use the multi monitor feature if the card does not have bus-mastering? I do not play games so the Open-GL is probably not too important to me. Even though it will not support DVD Max, I believe that I can get it through my G450 eTV card. I have not tried it yet because I do not have a DVD-ROM. Thanks for the help.

------------------
    The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
    The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Working...
X