HELP ME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ME!

I've been havin a sh!t load of problems lately with my Millenium G400 MAX. The last couple of driver releases have caused me nothin but problems. Every time I run the update and it reboots, I'm treated to a black *buzzing* screen. Lucky for me, I have system restore so its easily fixed. But, now I'm stuck with outdate drivers. Any ideas on what the hell is going on?

Hey POedUSER,

We will try to help you if we can but we need a little help from you. We need you post your system specs as well as your IRQ settings. What OS are you using? And are you doing any overclocking? Get this too us and with a little patience we should be able to help you.

Joel

BTW Welcome.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 06 May 2001).]
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

My system specs are as follows:

Millenium G400 MAX - not overclocked
      PIII 700Mhz
      ASUS CUSL2-C Mother Board
      256MB Pc 133 RAM
      OS - Windows ME

IRQ for the video card is 11.

Comment

Did you fully uninstall the old drivers before attempting to install the new ones?

You should run Matrox's uninstall utility, reboot, set the card to STANDARD VGA, reboot, then run the setup program included with the new drivers.

Also, a complete list of IRQs is more helpful. Just knowing what IRQ the G400 is on is not really enough info...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Like Kruzin said, i think we can work this out. Please provide us the IRQ listing of your system. How to do that, read here:

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000035.html

And some additional info please. What was the latest stable running driver version of your gfx card?

Regards

Comment

Working...
          X