Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 videoram fu**ed up???

Hello,

For over a while now i have a G400 32MB DH. And i'm very happy with it... but there is only one anonying thing:

Look at this screenshot:
    screenshot of broken G400

This happens in w2k. It doesn't seem to be a driver problem because it continues to be even when i install new drivers or even after a clean windows install. It only appears in IE.

Could it be that a part of my videoram is broken?? Anyone seen this before?

HELP

[This message has been edited by The Source (edited 03 May 2001).]

Umm yeah... Does your card display everything as a 404 error?

Sorry, but your link is dead, even if I guess what the asterisks might hide..

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yeah, you're right. It was because of the filename. I renamed the file and fixed the link.

Thanx

Comment

You mean the line in the center of the scren?

This may sound stupid but are you runing an OCed system or a fast cpu with low cooling?

I used to have the same problem (along with ramdom crashes in IE) on my old P3 katmai but the problem disapered whe I raised the voltage from 2V to 2.05V!

This only hapend in w2k and not in w98 se!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Not only the line in the middle of the screen. Also the black spots on the left.

To view how the website from the screenshot normally looks (without faults) look at http://www.tweakers.net

Then you will see that there are major differences. And this is only one...

[edit]
          And no, my computer is not overclocked.

[This message has been edited by The Source (edited 03 May 2001).]

Comment

Have you tested the card in another system(or another OS on your computer)?

How did the problem start? Or have it alvays been that way?

If it realy is the ram that is broken the card should still be under waranty!
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I bought the card second handed. The problem did not occure on my other system (p2b,pIII500) but only on my new system;

Abit kt7a
              TB 1000
              256 MB
              45GB IBM HD
              Creative SB live OEM

Besides this the problem only appears in Windows 2000 and only in Internet Explorer. It doesn't appear in alle websites AND NOT everytime at the same place.

I found it a strange problem and in an other forum nobody knew a solution so i thought that maybe here someone did...

Comment

This might sound stupid but have you tried reinstalling Win2k?

And I don't know about 2k, but have you installed all service packs? (Although I doubt they would improve the situation)

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Like I said in the first post
                  "even after a clean windows install". So yes i tried that several times but it didn't help.

I also installed all the service packs and updates.

Comment

Sicne it doesn't happen across differant OSes, then I _highly_ doubt that its a problem with the SGRAM on the video card, or any other hardware on the G400. Bad SGRAM would appear as bad/scrambled blocks on the screen, or areas of twinkling pixles.
                    That almost looks like IE isn't sending correct overlay data to the warp engine on the G400.

By the way.. On my Win98SE box, I sometimes have some strange artifacts show up only with my web browser (not on desktop, not in games etc), regardless of how I am overclocking my MAX.

Comment

What ver. of IE are you runing?

Comment

IE Version 5.50.4522.1800

Comment

Try to reinstall IE.
                          sometimes i'm getting weird screens in IE.
                          all 'medeklinkers' (sorry english people i don't know the english word ) are displayed bold. reinstalling is the only way to resolve it.

i agree with earlier comments, that if it was an memory problem you should get weird lines and scrambles all over the screen and it wouldn't just happen with IE.

another thing: try forcing agp speed to 1x. i know that some g400 (mostly the ones from early batches like mine) aren't too happy with agp 2x. I for example am getting completely garbaged screens if i DON'T force agp 1x after an new driver install.

PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

The english word is Hyperlink.

Rags

Comment

no Rags it isn't hyperlink.

i mean the letters like b,c,d,f,g,h.
                              the opposites are a,e,i etc.
                              it looks like those characters are displayed in another font than the other characters. it's very annoying to read webpages that way. reinstalling IE is only way to solve it. (for about a month an then it's starting again. maybey it's an way of M$ to force me updating my IE )
                              PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

Working...
                              X