How to... o/c my G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to... o/c my G400

I am a little bit shy on the overclocking front and have therefore resorted to minimum tweaking of my G400 SH 16MB, unsing the MTSTU tool. There is this single ruler which i can increase to 108% without experiencing problems. 110% is OK also but if the heat turns up my G400 turns out -> crashes. Now that i have accepted the probable purchase of a new gfx card i thought that i could get a little more daring and try to push my G400. Maybe this can even save me from buying a new gfx card.

Now i recall that core and memory of the G400 must be overclocked synchronous, but i have read here and there in this Forum that core and memory are overclockable each for itself. My question: how do i do this (and which tool should i use) and can you recommend any fan for the G400 (i have some old 486 and Pentium 1 fans spare)?

Thanks in advance

I have a G200 myself, and MGATweak works great for me and i also never needed to change the dividors neither. I think that manufaturer (Matrox) sets them to the best balance between memory and core, so why mess with them ?

Also u can easly stick a 486 or pentium fan on the heatsink and use some screws.
    GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

I use MGATweak, which is able to set the clock speeds independently. The card becomes bandwidth limited if you clock the core higher than the ratio, but I could see a difference on benchmarks even when going from 160/180 to 180/180.

As for cooling, you can always put a small fan on the heatsink, although my G400 didn't need it to go to 185 MHz.

Unfortunately it appears that Maggi's pics are gone, I consider that the most extreme G400 cooling I've seen (barring peltiers & waterblocks).
      "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Thanks a lot. I will give MGATweak a try and see what i get. Will be back to report

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X