This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is not the power of Matrox

It seems that Matrox does not have the possibility to enter in the market of the graphical 3d Card for the HARDCORE Gamers. Matrox has focused its attention to the market business/professional. Ati and Nvidia succeed to manage all and the three bands of market well. Lately they have strizzato the eye to the market business/professional. which is then the limit of Matrox?

Sorry for the bad babelfish translation.

My System was upgraded

Atlhon 1G
    Video Card????
    Asus AV7Pro

You can apologise for the translation, but where's the apology for the post?

Seriously, I'm not sure what you mean, but there is no real possibility of Matrox entering the hardcore gaming sector - maybe they will, but it will not be a 'gaming' card - even the G400 wasn't a gaming card, and was, as far as I'm concerned, the fastest card around for games

Matrox have often made business products, but also made general consumer - the G200 spawned the G250, the G400 spawned the G450 - the real question is what the next generation will bring. If they spawn another OEM product then it would indicate something wrong I think...surely the G450 is still doing ok in OEM? They should be looking at another high performance all rounder like the G400 was at the time of it's release. It's still an all rounder, but not high performance - just adequate

P.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Hi Pace

Compare the various product of these 3 company (Matrox, ATi, Nvidia) in the following sectors:

Home
      Gamers
      Professional
      Video
      Business

Ati and Nvidia have a wider range of products????

Do yourseld the math

Can anyone create a comparative table?

Sorry for my bad english and for the POST

[This message has been edited by Amiga Blitter (edited 29 April 2001).]

Comment

I don't understand how you can make a general statement like 'Matrox can't make products for hardcore gamers' when you have absolutely no clue at all of what's being developed by the Matrox engineers?

Comment

Night of the trolls again?

AB, do a search within these fori on what you try to say, then read all the answers there, then delete this thread and try again

If that's too difficult English for you, here's what my babelfish made it into Italian:
          "Notte dei trolls ancora?

L' ab, fa una ricerca all'interno dei questi fori su che cosa provate a dire, quindi ha letto tutte le risposte là, allora cancella questo filetto e prova ancora
          "

Any increpancies, blame it on http://world.altavista.com

Besides, Ati might make good gaming cards, their drivers suck from here to eternity

Do the translation yourself this time..

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Amiga Blitter:
            Hi Pace

Compare the various product of these 3 company (Matrox, ATi, Nvidia) in the following sectors:

Home
            Gamers
            Professional
            Video
            Business

Ati and Nvidia have a wider range of products????

Do yourseld the math

Can anyone create a comparative table?
            </font>
            Code:
            ---------------------------------------------
            |  Market  |    ATI    |  Nvidia   | Matrox |
            | Home     |   R128    |   TNT2    | G4X0   |
            | Gamers   |   Radeon  |  Geforce3 |   -    |
            | Pro      |     -     |  Quadro3  |   -    |
            | Video    |Allinwonder|     -     | Marvel |
            | Business | Radeon VE | Geforce2MX| G4X0   |
            Matrox: We look pretty good as long as you ignore our competitor's products...

Comment

What about the digisuite , rt2500

isn't that , Pro/video ???

sorry for my bad english i drunk
              -muted-

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Rob M.:
                [CODE]</font>
                Thanks for the table. Anyway there are some infos you omitted:

ATI is entering in the professional market acquiring FGL professional OGL card from SonicBlue.

ASUS is still producing excellent video cards with TV I/O option.

Thanks again !

Comment

Why have we to make the table for you? Just you go into a corner, babble away everything you know about the graphics industry...then start repeating. After, oooh, 5 seconds you might notice things getting repetitive.

After 7 days you'd be bored.

After 7 months you'd be going insane.

After 7 years, you'd feel like I feel after reading your posts

Can someone just lock this thread? It's pointless discussion, I've already started to turn it into a flame thread, and it's not as if we're going to serve any purpose continuing it

Thanks

P.

PS: Oh, final point for AB - WE ALL REALISE THAT MATROX DON'T HAVE A HARDCORE GAMING PRODUCT AT THE MOMENT. WHY DON'T YOU MAKE A TABLE FOR YOURSELF, FROM DECEMBER 1999, FROM DECEMBER 2000 AND SEE WHAT YOU SEE IN THEM!

Then we'll look this up again in December 2001 and see what's up
                  Meet Jasmine.
                  flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I was thinking pro as a CAD user, but I guess a pro video editor would use the rt2500. Different markets, I guess the 'Pro' category needs more clarification.

FireGL: I hadn't seen these marketed as 'ATI' cards yet. Soon I guess...

ASUS: I know about the v7700 deluxe, but I don't think it comes with the video editing tools that the ati and matrox cards come with. Plus it doesn't have a TV-Tuner either, it's only VIVO.

Comment

If you don't want to read the post
                      just leave the forum "pace". Come si dice in italia, lasciaci stare in santa PACE. Here we talk, discuss, exchange our opinion etc. etc. We are all free to talk.

What have you wrote for 1720 time?

Sorry for my bad english translation and off course for my post.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Jorden:</font>

L' ab, fa una ricerca all'interno dei questi fori su che cosa provate a dire, quindi ha letto tutte le risposte là, allora cancella questo filetto e prova ancora

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

that's not Italian !!!!

ALTAVISTA RULEZ

[This message has been edited by franklar (edited 30 April 2001).]

Comment

Ciao Bari. Come si dice da quelle parti???
                          E ci je

Il tuo post è simpatico.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Amiga Blitter:
                            Ciao Bari. Come si dice da quelle parti???
                            E ci je
                            </font>
                            Alè Roma !!!
                            Che sse dice ? stò a 'nnavigà, stò a postà...fra poco vado a ggiocà...

( for other guys: that's not properly Dante's Italian )

Vabbè, non andiamo troppo offtopic...cmq stai tranquillo che l'inglese si capiva

Ciao !

[This message has been edited by franklar (edited 30 April 2001).]

Comment

Guys, could you use something called "English"
                              (or french) please

Francis,

------------------
                              What was necessary was done yesterday;
                              We're currently working on the impossible;
                              For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...
                              What was necessary was done yesterday;
                              We're currently working on the impossible;
                              For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
                              - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
                              - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
                              - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
                              - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
                              - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
                              (Server)
                              - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
                              - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
                              - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
                              - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

Working...
                              X