G450 dual head but no picture on no. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 dual head but no picture on no. 2

I recently bought a retail version of G450 32M dual head. I have been using it with one monitor ever since and very happy with that. Tonight for first time, I plugged in a 2nd monitor and have played with the settings which are very simple, BUT NO picture on 2nd monitor. I can't figure what else to try. I use winME.

All you have to do is enable "DualHead MultiDisplay" in the Dualhead tab in display properties, reboot then go into display properties/settings and click on the second monitor in the picture shown, then check the box "Extend my desktop to this monitor".

Rags

Comment

I have tried that. I swapped the monitors to the video card. Strangely, they both started to come up but then the system froze with black screens. If I use just 2nd monitor in no. 1 slot, it works. So both monitors are good. It seems like the card is not right. The software seems to work fine in that I can make all the settings without problem.
      \

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Rags:
      All you have to do is enable "DualHead MultiDisplay" in the Dualhead tab in display properties, reboot then go into display properties/settings and click on the second monitor in the picture shown, then check the box "Extend my desktop to this monitor".

Rags

</font>

Comment

I have been through the process 7 times now. It doesn't work. The 2nd monitor still doesn't work. BUT everythine I restart, I check monitor 2 and it says "The monitor you have selected is currently disabled." I enable it but it doesn't last. I can't make it stick. What is going on???????????????

Comment

What do you see in device manager for monitors?

Rags

Comment

Oh, and if you get a 2nd monitor icon in display properties, click on it and select advanced and then monitor settings and see if you can use one of the matrox monitor profiles there, see if this helps.

Comment

I upgraded to win2000 and now it works even worse. I don't see the 2nd monitor represented. I can't even get to that place. I upgraded BIOS. I only show the main monitor Hatachi 751 in devise manager. I can't seem to get the IBM 9525 in there.
              Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Why did you upgrade to win2k?

Now we have to go a whole different route to suss your problem.

What drivers are you using for win2k?

Rags

Comment

Which drivers do you want to know about? There are a ton of them in the system.

Comment

The ones for your graphics card, what else?

Although it would be rather easier to help if you had a complete system spec listing hint..hint...hint..

Rags

Comment

Hi!

May be studip question but did you try to enable dualhead clone only?
                      Or try to attach a TV and see if it works, as Maggi mentioned before.

Yanee

Comment

Yes, I tried dualhead clone with no luck. It is difficult for me to get a tv to this room.

To answer other questions, drivers are BiOS:1.6-29, display driver and kernel driver 5.12.01.1130, matrox power desk 6.13.048 BUT the strange thing is that in device manager, the location is shown as PC1 Bus, device 0, function 0 and there are no drivers shown associated with G450.

Yanee[/B][/QUOTE]

Comment

I just swapped the monitors connecting them to the opposite output of G450 and set it for dualhead clone and now I have pictures on both. But when I change back to just dual monitor, I lose what I call the #1 monitor (Hitachi 751). So what in the world does this mean???????

Yes, I tried dualhead clone with no luck. It is difficult for me to get a tv to this room.

To answer other questions, drivers are BiOS:1.6-29, display driver and kernel driver 5.12.01.1130, matrox power desk 6.13.048 BUT the strange thing is that in device manager, the location is shown as PC1 Bus, device 0, function 0 and there are no drivers shown associated with G450.

Yanee
                          [/QUOTE]

[/B][/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                          X