Bios Update problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios Update problem

I just bought a G200 and tried to update its bios to 2.07 using both the dos and windows ways. In both ways, trying to save the old bios or flash the new one, I get an error "Unable to get EEPROM information". So I cannot make a rescue disk, and the worse, I cannot update the BIOS. Does this error suggest that this particular G200 is not flashable or is it defective ?
    My model according to the Powerdesk info is MGA-G200 AGP 8 MB SDRAM. White sticker says G2+/SDA/8BF and the serial is ABS63779.

I'd appreciate greatly any help from this board cause I really want to benefit the most out of this excellent card.

Does the G200 have a BIOS write-protect via a dip-switch or a jumper (I seem to recall one, but its been a while since I have used my G200)
    Workhorse Athlon 1GHz, G400MAX
    Gamebox Athlon 1.3GHz Gforce3

Comment

UB, what kind of BIOS does the G200 say it has at this moment? Did you try to update it to another BIOS version, like the previous Bios 2.03?

As far as I know there's no jumper or dip-switch on any of the G200's out there, but I could be mistaken.

A step by step walkthru on how to flash your Gx00's BIOS, can be found in the Archives.

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
      X