G400 dualhead and Win 2k server - need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 dualhead and Win 2k server - need advice

I have a G400 in my server machine and it's running on Win 2000.
    Problem is as follows:

The PDesk only allows the monitor setups where 1 is on top or on the side. For number of reasons i need port 1 to be on the bottom ( that montor is shared though KMV with another workstation - i want to be able to view monotot 2 which is above the 1 and monitor the server )

I was able to get it to work as needed in Win 98 cause Plug and play detected both monitors. Unfortunatelly win2k doesn't
    I have to spoonfeed it drivers for one of the monotors and i can't get teh default monitor installed with it

Any ideas gents ?

thanks you.

I don't use Win2K but have ya tried the latest drivers? They contain better dual monitor support and you can check out the dualhead software, for 2K.

Comment

I have problems with many video cards running through my KVM as far as detecting the monitors go. I just use device manager/monitor/update driver to get the job done.

Rags

Comment

I guess you're using older drivers, cos on my Win2k system I can choose the monitor allignment at will, ie. I just tested it and had the 2ndary monitor everywhere around VGA1 ...

Remove old drivers through the software control panel, install the latest Win2k drivers and report back if it helped.

Cheers,
        Maggi
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
        X