G400 + RRG (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 + RRG (again)

Hello everyone. I found this forum just after buying a RR-G and G400DH, so I'm naturally p'd off to find out about the problems. Do you have faith in Matrox to fix them, or should I try to return the stuff? (I've not installed it yet)

You and I are in the same boat, my friend. I'm gonna wait a little while longer, but if I don't see the fixed drivers "really soon", I'll have to return it. Which brings up a good question -- IS there an alternative to the RR-G in terms of Price, Compatibility, Performance, Features (that work, please..) ?

Thanks for info..

Comment

DrBob has reported good results when capturing at 800x600x16 bit resolution, then just switching resolution back to whatever when he's done. Sounds like an acceptable workaround for the time being, until Matrox fixes the drivers.

- Aryko

Comment

although i feel i should stress (again) that it does not work for everybody.

myself included.

--
        UPDATE: Son of a monkey. 800x600x16, pd 5.15,
        vid tools 1.51, it captures okay (although if you use windows media player to play it back, it looks crappy). so, that's DEFINATELY something to try then if you are having these troubles. MATROX - don't let this workaround lighten up your efforts to fix this bug! it's annoying as heck !

[This message has been edited by coolfish (edited 02 February 2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X