New card models in 2000 drivers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New card models in 2000 drivers!!

Looking into setup.exe with an hex viewer (try out the free xvi32.. http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delph...vi32/xvi32.htm
    )
    I saw some interesting strings:

G550 prototype (five times)
    G550 Engineering Board (three times)
    Matrox 4Sight II (four times)

... some well-known models ...

Matrox Orion PCI
    Matrox Orion AGP

... some other well-known models

Can we do some speculations?

I think Orion can be the codename for a brand new chip (only 2 entryes in this table).
    There was a matrox product with this name?
    Also, I never heard of Matrox 4Sight II (Where is the Matrox 4Sight I ?)
    The eight entry concerning the G550 board must mean that this board is just coming...

Well, escuse me for my bad English Writing , I'm an italian guy!!

Best regards..

------------------
    Zanna
    <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
    <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

The 4SightII has been out for a while.
    It's an imaging unit:
    http://matrox.com/imaging/prod/4sight2/home.htm

Dunno nothin bout that other stuff
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The orion cards are also shown on Matrox's pages.

Rags

Comment

Oh, and the original 4Sight is here:
        http://matrox.com/imaging/prod/4sight/home.htm

And the Orion:
        http://matrox.com/imaging/prod/orion/home.htm
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

But there is something for the G550 there...
          Prototype board? Hmmm!!

Nothing for the G800?

------------------
          - [GDI]Raptor

Comment

OK, thank for the Orion & 4sight info, the only thing into this Win2000 drivers that remain "new" is the Millennium G550.

Now I think seriously that the G550 is the card former known as G800, in few time all references to G800 into drivers are gone and "magically" the G550 was born!!

Maybe the big M is planning to use the G800 name for a more powerful chip.....

Best regards..

------------------
            Zanna
            <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
            <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

Comment

You say the G550 Engineering Board is mentioned 3 times?
              Well, that seems to be consistent with the Tri-Head config as seen in the pics in another thread...

Comment

Hmm now there's a thought.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Zanna:

Maybe the big M is planning to use the G800 name for a more powerful chip.....

Best regards..

</font>

Comment

That's what Ant said on the main page some time ago... Ant, your crystal balls ( ) are pretty accurate... Now I want a G550 AND a G800...

------------------
                  What was necessary was done yesterday;
                  We're currently working on the impossible;
                  For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...
                  What was necessary was done yesterday;
                  We're currently working on the impossible;
                  For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
                  - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
                  - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
                  - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
                  - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
                  - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
                  (Server)
                  - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
                  - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
                  - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
                  - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

I think that roadmap was divulged by a supposed Matrox employee that we scared off when it was explained what an NDA was. Ant, are you able to repost his deleted posts?
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

These names are very interesting. Are these things prototypes and Engineering Boards? So it might be, that these are existing cards under testing phase? I hope so.

[This message has been edited by atko (edited 18 April 2001).]

Comment

If this chip continues on it's downward progress will it become the G475???
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have one problem with the name G550: It implies that there has been a G500 in the past, and since they never announced something like this, and I doubt they'll be releasing a G500 and G550 at the same time, G550 sounds highly improbable to me. It would be against their nomenclature and it would confuse customers.

AZ
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I think that Matrox were working on the G800, and they got big problems with the chip, the problems were so big that they had to delay it, and now the performance of the chip isn't so sperior over nVida's chips, that they chose the name G550, and saves the name G800 for the next chip! Matrox is still one of the bigest graphics vendors on the market! And I think they still want to be one of the bigest vendors!

One question: Isn't Matrix Skinning a part of the T&L system (If it is Matrix Skinning, and NOT Matrox Skinning)

I work part time in a Norwegian computer shop, and our bigest hardware importer (the primary importer of Matrox products to Norway) says that the expect 2 new graphics chips from Matrox this year, If this isnt't true then it will be the first time they are wron!

------------------
                            - [GDI]Raptor

Comment

I don´t have a single clue about what´s going on on Matrox R&D, but it almost looks like the driver development team finds its way to write on the drivers the rumor name about the next Matrox card that was been floating the net for the past month...

Comment

Working...
                              X