New Features
    ------------------
    Enabled 3D in true DualHead mode.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    my system:

AMD XP 2000+
    Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
    512MB SDRAM133
    Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
    Windows XP Prof

Main known issues
    -----------------
    - Choppy playback of DVD titles on PAL TV

at least they know that there is a problem. Hope this will be solved in the next release.

Comment

1. I haven't seen even in the 5.51 drivers.
      2. Those games all worked for me and they still do.
      3. All my Major d3d issues were addressed in this driver.

Rags

Comment

Anyone tried DVDMAX playback? consistent BSOD with 5.51 on an IWILL KK266/Athlon 900 with Kingston RAM.

Comment

well... I haven't seen many changes in this driver release, other than support for 3d acceleration with independant resolutions.

They've included the same ICD as in the 6.51 driver package, and I think that one is horrible... they've broken some stuff, of which most important, bilinear filtering

and were there any major D3D issues in the 5.51 drivers?

And I've explained how easily you can fix the blurry images before... just write down the monitor timings used with the pre-5.51 drivers, and enter them with the post-5.5x drivers... et voila

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 17 April 2001).]

Comment

dZeus:

I never used the monitor timings. Ever. Just used whatever windows picked as a default. It looked fine in 5.33, but it looked like crap in 5.51. I call that a bug. If there is a workaround that involves picking from a list of monitors, none of which match my monitor, to get only slightly better results... that's not ok. After playing extensively with the monitor customizations, I determined that I just can't get as crisp a display out of 5.51 as I can out of 5.33, so...

As for the OpenGL issues... in 5.51 and up just about nobody can use hardware OpenGL in Icewind Dale and BG2. If you can, Rags... please enlighten us as to how you managed it.

- Gurm

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm: could you get a crisp image with the 5.33 drivers and a monitor selected from the matrox monitor customization list? if so, you should be able to get the same crisp image with the 5.5x drivers as well... just write down the timings of the resolutions you use with the pre-5.5x drivers, and enter them in the appopriate resolutions in 5.5x. If this doesn't work, then please tell me _what_ doesn't work? Like, if you enter _exactly_ the same timings with the 5.5x drivers you don't get a crisp image? I find that hard to believe

Still haven't tried icewind dale or bg2 yet though

Comment

DZeus.

Is there any easy way to remedy this problem?

I have found NO monitors that match mine in the "choose from" list. I use a Samusng 900SL plus 19".
                I use windows 2000 (exclusively).
                I normaly run at 1280x1024x32bit@85Hz.

I have NO idea what so ever which frequences I have used before..

Plz Help.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Is it possible to use these drivers with a G200?

Comment

No, the 5.52 package doesn't contain G200 drivers.

If your monitor isn't in the Matrox list, choose a default monitor with the same maximum resolution... refresh doesn't really matter much, as you can adapt it manually afterwards for each resolution... just be sure not to exceed your monitor's maximum timings.

Comment

Anyone check the issues that 5.51 had against this release? They are, in no particular order:

1. Blurriness in 2D.
                      2. Bioware games don't work (Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale).
                      3. Numerous D3D issues.

- Gurm

------------------
                      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

what do you exactly mean with "blurry image" when using the 5.51/52 driver?
                        my system:

AMD XP 2000+
                        Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
                        512MB SDRAM133
                        Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
                        Windows XP Prof

Comment

I have always used a customisation file in order to get the highest possible refresh rates on filled screens (those that take up the entire screen real estate) and I never had any problems with blurriness.
                          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Good day, everyone!

I was wondering if this update would be of benefit to those like myself, who are not running any DVD apps and the like. I am still using Win2K 5.33 drivers, and have been playing Black and White for the last two days @1024x768x16 on a regular G400 32MB,(partnered with a PIII 700) it looks great, no glitches, same for OpenGL games and apps.

Comment

Well,

Don't know WHY but 5.51&5.52 both sucked with my computer ( Abit KT7&Duron700@940&w2k ).. after installing one of the later drivers would cause a crash in windows or at least after couple secs in 3d (d3d or OpenGL)..

Installed the 5.52 drivers and d3d worked fine.. but when I tried to play CS, the game would always crash.. tried to fix it with that agpviamicrosoft patch for w2k.. well after that d3d stopped working too. =)

So after couple uninstall + reinstall.. still no go. Finally gave up and installed 5.33 drivers and everything worked PERFECTLY. Didn't need fixes or tweaking, it just worked. So in my book matrox has ****ed something up with these new drivers.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X