This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 19" Monitor - which one?

As I'm still planning on buying a new PC this summer, I'm also planning to get myself a new 19" Monitor (looks like my budget isn't so tight anymore ) - I was eyeing the Sony G420 (the successor to the G400 - what's the difference anyway, apart from the design?), it costs ~650 Euro here.. was thinking about something from Eizo, but they're sooo damn expensive, so I'm asking if the Sony is the best option or if there is something better, cheaper, or greatly better for a little more money

(I guess if I'll buy myself such a fine monitor, I'll need something better (image quality-wise) than a Kyro II, so please hurry up, matrox! )

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Doesn't Sony make a G550?
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Take a look at the hitatchi models!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Check this out:

<a href="http://www.cc-inc.com/pcmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=957180">http://www.cc-inc.com/pcmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=957180</a>

It's an 18" LCD flat panel for only US$899!!!
        I know that's a bit pricey, but considering that an LCD panel that size usually goes for around US$2800...

AlgoRhythm

Comment

I bought this monitor a short while back and I have been very happy with it. http://shop.monitorsdirect.com/product.asp?sku=1077608
          What I like about it the most is that it uses a shadow mask which mean you don't have the lines going across the screen that you can see on the trinitron monitors. And it didn't cost that much more than some of the high end 19" monitor I was looking at at the time. It is not a flat screen but that has not been a problem. I normally run the monitor at 1280x960x32bit at 85Hz and DVD watching on this monitor is sweet.

Joel

------------------
          System Specs
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Oops, I just realized that I've posted in Matrox Hardware... Of course, this belongs in General Hardware... Sorry!

I want one with a flat screen, and the LCD AlgoRhythm was posting about is a bit too pricey for me

AZ

Comment

Go for the Samsung SyncMaster 900SL-Plus.

Its VERY cheap for a VERY nice and flat screen. Its furthermore the shortestnecked 19" I have ever owned - or seen - LCD's not withstanding. =)

Its really a nice match for a G550 eh ups.. I mean a G400 Max..

~~DukeP~~

Comment

I've read somebody dissing short neck montiors here. I've never seen one but beware there may be intinsic problems with that design.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Keep them coming please

And I want some comments from owners of Sony Monitors too!

Ah yeah and one or two questions:

First of all, do cables make a big difference?

And last but not least: The G420 comes with one built-in cable (Why do they do that? Built-in cables suck IMHO) and one free DSUB port. You'd think they'd use a good cable to match the monitor, but I'm still wondering if I should buy a seperate, higher-quality cable nonetheless (Why no BNC, Sony? ). Should I?

Thank you for your super-fast responses so far and hopefully I'll get some more

AZ

Comment

Relocated to General Hardware
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I've got enough space so it won't be taken into consideration if a monitor has a short ray tube or a longer one

AZ

Comment

Working...
                      X