Matrox Next Generation Chip.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Next Generation Chip.....

" As for Matrox, they also presented only their good old G450. However, we managed to find out that the company is planning to wake up and to introduce a new solution before the end of H2'01. And strange as it might seem, but this new solution will be not the rumored G800 but something totally different. "

Source: XBit Labs

http://www.xbitlabs.com/editorial/ce...ndex5.html#ati

This looks good :-)

Perhaps I'm able to change my G400Max into a new Matrox card this summer/autum!

------------------
    - [GDI]Raptor

My reply is covered in my last post in here: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/010506.html
    "Dippadai"

Comment

Johan de Gelas said this a while ago on Ace's Hardware, and he even said that matrox have something for gamers up their sleeves... so for once, i believe iXBT - as long as they don't post any leaked pics

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

OK......

I just found a picture in a Norwegian PC magasine. This is a picture of wath they call the next generation Matrox card for gamers... I have uploaded a copy on one of the Internett pages I work with. Here is the link

http://www.askim4h.no/g800.htm

Have anybody of you made this picture? This is NOT a joke of 1. april from the magasine. They call the card Matrox Millennium G800 64Mb, but it was a 1 of april joke on this page made by Tempest

------------------
        - [GDI]Raptor

[This message has been edited by [GDI]Raptor (edited 10 April 2001).]

Comment

Yes, someone from here made that pic. It's a total fake.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

*LOL

I like when all those news sites and PC mags fall for our fake pics

AZ

Comment

seems more and more like that a lot of the hardware news sites / magazines just plainly believe what we post here

Let's exploit it! We should make something that the M people can laugh at like a hint

Comment

I wish we could make up something that the M people would have to live up to

AZ

Comment

The fake cardboard box image is cool, though!

Comment

Even if that were the real box, who really gives a rats ass? You've got to think that the marketing department has had this design ready to go eons ago...
                    Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

OK then, let's have Ant post up some fake specs on the front page, and watch all the hardware sites put it up and say, "we have acquired some leaked specs of the G800!"

Comment

"EXCLUSIVE: MATROX G800 SPECS:

A source close to matrox told us that the G800 will NOT be cancelled as we reported here last week. It will be a true gamers card featuring impressive specs:

512 bit DualBus QDR FCRAM
                        48 bit color depth
                        Advanced 16x Hypersampling FSAA
                        Hardware accellerated Phong Shading
                        Quad Head
                        VCQ<SUP>75</SUP>
                        5 1/2 TeraBit/sec Fillrate
                        750 Billion Triangles/nanosec
                        DirectX 17.6 compliant
                        RenderNude&trade; feature
                        Federation Standard HoloDeck compatible
                        Up to 256 Chips on one board, each having up to 4 GB memory
                        Real3D&trade; - real three-dimensional models even on a flat screen (a big enhancement to the RenderNude&trade; feature)
                        A cage that can hold up to 2 condors"

AZ

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by az:
                          "EXCLUSIVE: MATROX G800 SPECS:

Real3D™ - real three-dimensional models even on a flat screen (a big enhancement to the RenderNude™ feature)

AZ
                          </font>
                          you got a picture of that??

Comment

Not yet.. but maybe i can make err.. get ahold of one

AZ

Comment

One of the visitors that looked at the "fake" G800 pic were from Matrox! My sitemeter indicated that his domain were matrox.com! Looks like Matrox is watching us :-)

Perhaps they are looking for ideas for ther G800/G550...whatever box!!!

I want the render nude feature....

------------------
                              - [GDI]Raptor

Comment

Working...
                              X