Dithering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dithering

My friend has written a small 3D programme and it has been tested on two machines. One with a TNT2 and DX7 and another with a Savage 4 with Dx8. It works fine on both machines. The trouvle is when it runs on mine it goes to crap.

He has added a software hardware switch and it still fails to work on my G400 DX8 with latest drivers under W98. One thing that he did notice is that he disable dithering and yet my card does manage to do dithering in his programmes. There is also a major redraw problem. I am unwilling to reinstall previous drivers to test it but I would like to knowif anyone has come accross anything like this. Apparently when in software mode it should just to what it is told but the graphics card is still over riding things somewhere.

We are all confused as to the problem as mine is the only machine that has problems with the pogramme.

------------------
    PIII450@504, G400 32MB DH, 384MB, BX2000 MOBO.

Okay here you go.

http://www.blackgas.com/mesh/mesh.zip

It will not be there for two long.

The problem will be apparent if it is G400 thing.

------------------

Comment

Hello

I have just installed the new drivers to try and test my mates low poly modeller and still major redraw problems. Can someone with a G400 on Win98 not MER with Dx8 download the prog and see if they have major display problems.

Cheers Dean.

He doesn't think that it will be a problem but the two machine that this works on both have ME and Dx8. Is there ny way this could be the problem and not my drivers/Card

------------------

Comment

Running Win2K here, DX 8.0a. Matrox 5.51 drivers on a G400 MAX. Software rendering doesn't work here either (I get a black screen). I don't know about dithering, but in hardware mode, I get major redraw problems as well.

Comment

Cheers.

Now that I know the errors don't just happen on my machine I can get onto him to sort out the problem.

I just find it strnge that it works on a TNT and on a Savage 4 but not a G400. He seems to believe that it is only using standard libraries with Direct x.

Anyway cheers again

------------------

Comment

Hi, i am running on Win98SE DX8a (german) with 6.50 drivers. System is an Athlon Classic with 4in1 4.29 drivers.

I have the redraw problem in hardware mode, but no dithering problem. When going to fullscreen the screen is devided horizontally 50:50 in a white area on the top and a black area on the bottom. In software mode it displays nothing, only a black screen... seriously.

Don't know if that helps, somehow i doubt it

regards

[Edit: corrected some typos... call me silly ]

[This message has been edited by Six Of One (edited 12 April 2001).]

Comment

Working...
            X