Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new news for DVD Hardware Add-on users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new news for DVD Hardware Add-on users?

I'm back!

I've been gone for quite a while, but I have returned.

Just curious if cods, Bixler or others have any new info for DVD Hardware mod users. Any W2K information perhaps?

Thanks,

------------------
    Profound Runner
    ---- aka Willie -------
    Profound Runner
    ---- aka Willie -------

Me too (also hoping for W2K support).

Comment

Sorry guys....no new updates from me.
      This machine with the DVD addon has too much hardware hanging off it to fuss over Win2K or WinME experimentation. Works in 98SE, and left it that way. Too many problems with secondary video cards (V2) in ME and 2K.
      Some guys got it working (apparently very well) in Linux, and I have the drivers ready to test it.
      Sorry to say this, but I still (after all this time) feel burnt by Matrox as far as support for this product went. Shows what the MPAA can do to an industry.
      P.S. I'm now using Rav Cineplayer 1.0 - fairly stable. (PD600b VT154e) I stick with these for the MacroV disable 'feature'.

Maybe Bixler or Ledo has something new?

Best of luck all! Rgds.
      "It's purely for evaluation..."

Comment

Been out of the loop for several weeks.

Sorry.

Bills must be paid.

Thanks Greebe for pointing me to this (probably old) thread.

Here's where we stand.

W2K official support...forget it.

Will it work???? Still an open question, although there have been some unsubstantiated reports of the Module working alongside a RRG module (implying W2K can theoretically work)

W98/W95 functionality is now firmly established...it is a fact that this hardware is basically sound. From YEARS of working with users like myself...the sucker DOES work. The bugs in the 'system' of Matrox DVD Hardware Mpeg2 decoding seem to be concentrated in the initial and never upgraded navigation software.

A Matrox developer still hopes to come up with an install package that will allow the hardware to register itself cleanly and work inside any directshow DVD player. Whether this will work with W2K is anybody's guess...but the developer mentioned has e-mailed me within the last couple of months, indicating that he is still confident that he can do this.

Who knows???
        Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
        CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
        Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Working...
        X