Have G400 MAX, G450 worth upgrading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have G400 MAX, G450 worth upgrading?

Well, the subject says it all. I'm not a heavy 3D user/gameplayer, I prefer strategy games, but since more and more games are using 3D as their 'platform', I was wandering if I should upgrade the G400. What do you think? Wait for the 550 or 800's cards?
    <a href="http://jonr.beecee.org/">ME!</a>

I think you'll find that your MAX can be marginally faster than a G450!!

Comment

The MAX should be faster than the G450 in all cases.

The only thing thats superior on the G450 is the seconday RAMDAC, which gives a sharper image on the second monitor.
      Primary system specs:
      Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">The only thing thats superior on the G450 is the seconday RAMDAC, which gives a sharper image on the second monitor. </font>
        I disagree, the only thing superior on the G450 is the faster secondary RAMDAC, which gives you higher resolution/refresh options.

Rags

Comment

MATROX's new marketing policy...

"If we can fool some of the people some of the time.......?"

Comment

bah, whatever.

At the higher limits of a G400/Max's secondary RAMDAC, the image will start to degrade won't it? So a G450 will offer sharper images at the those res/refresh, whould it not?

[This message has been edited by EvilDonnyboy (edited 08 April 2001).]
            Primary system specs:
            Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">So a G450 will offer sharper images at the those res/refresh, whould it not?
              </font>
              Not from what I have seen.

You ASSume too much

Rags

Comment

Working...
              X