re: Dualie Box with MG400 Dualhead w2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: Dualie Box with MG400 Dualhead w2k

Having trouble with opengl on my box. It's an MSI 694D Pro, with 2 overclocked 933mhz Piii's. However, even with 700mhz speeds, Opengl seems to crash or lock up the machine, in agp 2x or 4x mode, everything else, fast writes, etc, turned on. DirectX is fine with 700mhz and agp 4x. At 933, Agp2x works good. 4x locked up D3D or Ogl. Using the latest w2k drivers from matrox's site. Any info about other opengl drivers, etc. would be appreciated. Any way to turn on agp 4x? Disable something else? As far as I know, ram is running at 133, along with cpu's. Also, what is the command to run UT in SMP mode? Ben

Just use AGP 1x.. it's equally fast and more stable

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

first of all, UT doesn't support SMP.

Second, disable fast writes, as the G400 doesn't support it. Third, run at AGP 2x, as it gives about 99 - 100% the same real world performance as AGP 4x for the G400.

Comment

Well, the second message makes more sense to me. I will disable fast writes and see how it goes. Anybody try out the latest 4way interleave tweak from via hardware, or know of an updated bios for msi 694d pro, or Tyan 1598s? I know it's OT, but it seems to be the hot topic these days.

Comment

Working...
        X