Movies slow on second display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies slow on second display

I have a G400 card, secondary display hooked to a TV. This is all well and good.

So I play an MPEG file-- the video on the primary display looks fantastic, even at full screen, but the video on the TV looks choppy-- like it's skipping evey other frame.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the secondary display that much slower than the primary? And if it is, how the heck do people watch DVDs on such a choppy display?

The system is an Athlon 500/Asus K7M. more details if needed.

--Mike

Hello Dirk the Daring

what player do U use?
    what method (PAL\NTSC)?
    what resolution & color depth do U use during playback?
    do U close all other programs during playback?

Matrox admits there's a problem with choppy playback & high cpu utilization on 2nd display & claims its gonna B fixed on the next driver release.
    U can check it HERE

Comment

Player: Windows Media Player
      NTSC
      1024x768x16. Changing resolutions doesn't fix the problem, though.
      I do close all other programs during playback. Again, the video plays fine on the main screen, even during playback on both monitors at the same time.

I don't think my problem is exactly the same as the one in the thread you pointed me to-- I'm playing MPEG files off my hard drive. I dont' know, though, since I don't know the inner workings of the drivers.

It would be nice if it did get fixed in the next drivers though...

--Mike

Comment

Are you running in DH DVD-MAX, Clone or multi-display mode?

If it's multi-display mode, and the video is choppy on the tv in fullscreen, then it's normal, as you can't use overlay on any monitor other than the primary one.

Comment

I have both Clone and DVDMax modes enabled.

It is the DVDMax mode that seems choppy.

--Mike

Comment

Working...
          X