Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABIT KA7/G400 Users! Please Read! Request For Your Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABIT KA7/G400 Users! Please Read! Request For Your Help!

I have been having trouble getting my G400 MAX (with 4A in model number) to run in AGP4x under WINDOWS 2000 on my KA7 motherboard. Other users share my problem. If you would go to this thread at the Matrox tech support forum:

http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/004512.html

you can read about what we have discovered. In a nutshell, Matrox tech support has confirmed that if bus mastering in the Matrox driver is turned off by using MTSTU418.EXE, 4x will work. This means that there is a voltage issue with the KA7.

So therefore, my request is:
    Anyone that has this problem, please send an e-mail to technical@abit-usa.com so that our voices can be heard. If enough users can send e-mail to them, there would be a better chance that something can be done to resolve this problem. Matrox tech support will be contacting ABIT as well to try to see if anything can be done, and suggested that we do the same.

Thanks again everyone for your time and support.

Okay, I'll do it... With my G400MAX+KA7-100 combo I can't run AGP 4x for longer than a few minutes, and I suspect it's the same thing that made my Radeon horribly unstable, forcing me to sell it away in just two weeks.

But is it really possible to modify the AGP voltage by updating the BIOS? I mean, they're hardly going to say "okey dokey meester, we'll call in all of the KA7 boards despite the fact that we don't even make 'em anymore, and do an AGP voltage mod for free" ?

[This message has been edited by Tempest (edited 04 April 2001).]

Comment

Ok i m here psx790!
      I m another victim of KA7/g400 combo!

Please send also to
      technical@abit.com.tw

that s the main tech support.
      ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

Working...
      X