Problems in WIN2K ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems in WIN2K ?!?

I have 2 major problems in WIN 2K, I don't know if it is a matrox thing or something else... but here are some really good people in this forum

Everything started when I did a fresh install of WIN2K with all the latest drivers:
    Drivers: Latest BIOS/VIA/Matrox 5.51

Problems:
    1. Sometimes my keyboard stops to work?! I saw it when I used my hauppauge wintv card in full-screen, after a while I went back to my desktop... but my keyboard didn't work anymore! With my mouse, everything was ok!
    I needed to restart my system...

2. Some games don't work anymore?!
    for ex. When I try to play EA FIFA 2001 I get the intro and the menu, but when I say play, I get back to my desktop screen?? -no error- nothing... NO game
    (In the past, other drivers matrox, no serv pack, DX 7 everything worked?!)

Can anyone help me please ?

My system:
    AMD K7 Athlon 700Mhz (not overclocked)
    Matrox G400 MAX (not overclocked)
    256MB RAM
    SB LIVE

the keyboard problem I have no idea.

but it might be worth trying an earlier version of the drivers (pre 5.51) to see if that helps - some people are having trouble with them

I use 5.31 here
    Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Hi dimi

I can only say I'm puzzled that there are others that have the same problem, and I too have a Hauppauge WinTV card

But it only happens once in a while, and then I unplug and plug in the keyboard and the problem is gone then.

Strange....
      Oh well, I hope Hauppauge keeps its promise... A spokesman on CeBIT from Hauppauge said they were making WDM drivers for Win2K/WinXP

Good luck,

------------------
      Peter Aragon
      Matrox G450 DDR 16MB, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 400, Asus CUSL2-C, Pentium III 1GHz + Golden Orb, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 40 40GB, 256MB, SBLive Platinum 5.1, Hauppauge TV-card, Plextor 12/10/32A burner, Pioneer 16x DVD, 3COM 905C Networkcard.
      Peter Aragon
      Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

551 are problematic

And that keyboard problem was in NT4...I thought they'd fixed it It's probably a different cause with you though.

P.

(all the ircers answering this one )
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I have a Hauppauge WinTV card and a G450 and I had no problems with 5.31 or 5.51. Whats ur IRQs look like? If you dont have ACPI that is...

-Rahul
          Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux
          Quicksilver: HP Omnibook 500, PIII 700 MHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB, RedHat Linux 9.

Comment

Working...
          X