X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400-TV DualHead

I'm looking for a video solution with the following features:

* Supports two PC monitors
    * Provides TV Tuner (preferably with schedule-able "PVR"-style software)
    * Provides video-capture capability (preferable hardware encoding of some sort, so as not to suck up CPU cycles)
    * Provides video-out, so I can transfer digital video to VCR
    * Works in Win2K

I've expected that I would have to use 2 cards (either a dual-head with a separate tuner or an "all-in-one" type card with a 2nd to drive the second monitor), but it looks like the G400-TV MIGHT support all I need it to do.

The only think I'm unclear on is whether or not it supports two monitors. It would seem not to based on the products description on Matrox's website ("Supports a TV or a digital Flat Panel as the secondary display") but one person with a G400-TV tells me that he has two PC monitors connected to his without any problems.

(I'm also a little concerned about Win2k support, but from what I've read the beta drivers are fairly useable and official drivers aren't too far away, so this isn't a major concern).

So I guess my biggest question is can I use two PC monitors with the G400-TV?

And second, will it provide all the other features I'm looking for?

Thanks,
    Scott Nicholson

... or would I be better off with a G400MAX + Rainbow Runner G Series?

Thanks.
    Scott Nicholson

Comment

maybe wait for the g450 eTV - it doesn't support hardware encoding unfortunately, but has everything you asked for and a nifty timeshifting software that actually works...

maybe you should post your questions in the desktop video forum again

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

as far as i know the g450 eTV does not have a 2nd monitor out, only TV, you can see a preview of the card @ www.murc.ws

Comment

G400 Marvel and G450 eTV do not support 2 monitors. Their DH is only to one monitor/one TV.

You could do what you want with a G400 or G400MAX DualHead plus a RainbowRunner-G add-on.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
          X