How hot should this be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hot should this be?

Im touching the heatsink on my G400max, its pretty damn hot.... How hot should this thing be? I heard somewhere, if the heatsink is warmer than ambient.. you gotta a problem... well I can probably cook a horse on mine

------------------
    I wasn't born, I was created.
    What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

If you're not overclocking, don't worry about how hot the thing is. Unless you're case temp is really high, the G400 has cooling to spare at default speed.

If you are overclocking, see if you can get your hands on a Blue Orb, or frag-tape a small heatsink to the bak (a good temporary solution, for not voiding warenties).
    P3 650@897 | Matrox G400 32mb SH @ 175/233 | 128mb PC133 | SB Live | winME

Comment

Way past waiving warranties stage buddy.
      What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

NOT past the warranty stage.

Matrox carries a 3 year warranty on their products. G400 has not been out for 3 years, therefore it is still under a mfg. warranty. Does not matter if it is OEM or retail, Matrox covers their parts for 3 years (unless it is provable that there have been mods to the hardware).

As far as the heat you are concered about on your heatsink...yes gfx cards will get get hot. Often hotter than the CPU. Unless you are experiencing specific problems with the gfx card, I would not worry about it.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
        X