eDualHead small addition wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eDualHead small addition wanted

Guys, something that would be really useful is for the eDualHead feature to recognise if your 2nd monitor was switched on. That would save having to manually use a hotkey to switch out of dual mode when you only need 1 monitor on. Any thoughts?

tic
    ever started at the bottom of the ladder, worked your way up to find your leaning on the wrong wall

That would be possible I guess.

What I'd like is that the DH Zoom feature doesn't just enlarge the actual display, but just the application/desktop. Coz enlarging the pointer annoys me!

P.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

not enlarging the pointer would be possible i guess (if the current matrox cards have no hardware pointer, that would be on the wish list for the next one ), but the grid would still be 2x2 pixels when moving the mouse i guess, so it'd look kinda weird.. a small pointer hopping over a too big screen...

as for the automatic detection, i'm all for it (but it should be optional)

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

'Course you're all overlooking the fact that edualhead only works with the 5.51 drivers, and that the 5.51 drivers SUCK so bad that I (and many others) have uninstalled them entirely.

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by az:
          not enlarging the pointer would be possible i guess (if the current matrox cards have no hardware pointer, that would be on the wish list for the next one ), but the grid would still be 2x2 pixels when moving the mouse i guess, so it'd look kinda weird.. a small pointer hopping over a too big screen...

as for the automatic detection, i'm all for it (but it should be optional)

AZ
          </font>
          No, I mean I'd like it to be just the way Photoshop, Word, InDesign etc all work at the moment - you can zoom in there and it doesn't look silly

P.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

If this is a feature you'd like to see, your best bet is to post it in Matrox's own forums, in the driver feature request forum. Us MURCers can't do it
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

pace, that is software zoom, what the matrox cards do is hardware zoom - not as flexible, but faster (with no speed impact ideally) - if they didn't change it since mil1, it still magnifies EVERYTHING, not just window contents.. (or am i mistaken here?)

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by az:
                if the current matrox cards have no hardware pointer, that would be on the wish list for the next one.
                AZ
                </font>
                the g400 does have a hardware pointer!!!

my system:

AMD XP 2000+
                Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
                512MB SDRAM133
                Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
                Windows XP Prof

Comment

Kruzin:- Noted and Posted

tic
                  ever started at the bottom of the ladder, worked your way up to find your leaning on the wrong wall

Comment

Working...
                  X